Someone has these cart images ?

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Oh okay, I do have that as well. I was trying to use my switchable one and it wasn't liking it, nothing happened when I typed the SYS command.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Mayhem wrote:Oh okay, I do have that as well. I was trying to use my switchable one and it wasn't liking it, nothing happened when I typed the SYS command.
Here there is the Commodore 8K Expansion switchs table:

Code: Select all

===================================
|                                 |
|      Commodore 8K Expansion     |
|(Remove the case, Switchs inside)|
|       Block        Switch       |
|         1             4         |
|         2             3         |
|         3             2         |
|         5             1         |
|=================================|  
At this point i think that you need to send me your files so i may investigate...
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I got a Vixen switchable between 3K, 8K and 16K and it was just reverting back to the boot screen when typing the SYS. I assume it wasn't hosting the 8K on block 5... I'll get something together for sending along.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Though I have grabbed my 8k expansion and opened it up and done the switch over... will go try it out some point...
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Don't forget the Witch Way Rom dump too :P
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Mayhem wrote:I got a Vixen switchable between 3K, 8K and 16K and it was just reverting back to the boot screen when typing the SYS. I assume it wasn't hosting the 8K on block 5... I'll get something together for sending along.
This cartridge does not allow to set 8k in block 5.

Code: Select all

|=================================|
|       Vixen 16k switchable      |
|       Block/s      Switch/s     |
|       1 +3K        1B/2B        |
|       1/2          1A/2B        |
|       2/3          1A/2A        |
|       3 +3K        1B/2A        |
===================================
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Well I opened up my standard 8k and changed the switch over. Funny how my Vic then wouldn't boot up unless I had the disk drive off first. Can't explain that one. Anyhow, here's the results of trying to load the dumps...

Mobile Attack - nothing, didn't boot (real cart worked fine iirc)
Frogman - booted, didn't crash immediately, fell over when I started a game (though the real cart was fine iirc)
Key Quest - no issues once again

Anyhow, you can now find the three dumps and the scan of Key Quest sheet here...!

http://www.mayhem64.co.uk/misc/newdumps.zip

If someone can get them working fine in Vice, that would be great too. I hope the dumps all work on a real Vic properly too... cos they all boot in Vice at least.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Mayhem wrote:Anyhow, you can now find the three dumps and the scan of Key Quest sheet here...!

http://www.mayhem64.co.uk/misc/newdumps.zip

If someone can get them working fine in Vice, that would be great too. I hope the dumps all work on a real Vic properly too... cos they all boot in Vice at least.
Thanks for your persistence :D

I will test them on real hardware tonight (stand alone mode) and then on Mega-Cart.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Frogman, Keyquest, and Mobile Attack 100% ok on Mega-Cart. :D

Great work dumping these!!! 8)
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Mayhem wrote: Mobile Attack - nothing, didn't boot (real cart worked fine iirc)
Frogman - booted, didn't crash immediately, fell over when I started a game (though the real cart was fine iirc)
Key Quest - no issues once again

All these carts works in vice too, you need to load Mobile Attack and Frogman as ROM, these carts don't work in ram.
From Vice:
File ==> Attach Cartridge Image ==> 4/8k image at $A000

Or you may use this command:
xvic.exe -cartA cartname.prg

Mobile Attack freeze in vice after a while, it's a Vice bug, just ALT+R to do a soft reset and Mobile Attack doesn't freeze anymore.

Frogman it's a Dot Gobbler clone or Dot Gobbler it's a Frogman clone in any case it's NTSC but i may fix it for PAL too.

Key Quest is NTSC too, i need to check if is PAL fixable.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Oh I was attaching them as carts at $A0 in Vice, just that for Frogman it crashed immediately on booting for me (in NTSC or PAL). And as you say Mobile Attack randomly freezes. Just wondering if these can be fixed without having to resort to hitting Alt R etc.

You saying that Frogman did NOT crash immediately for you in Vice? What version are you using?

And yes, it's Dot Gobbler with different graphics. Why OEM figured they could sell the same game twice...!
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Mayhem wrote:Oh I was attaching them as carts at $A0 in Vice, just that for Frogman it crashed immediately on booting for me (in NTSC or PAL). And as you say Mobile Attack randomly freezes. Just wondering if these can be fixed without having to resort to hitting Alt R etc.

You saying that Frogman did NOT crash immediately for you in Vice? What version are you using?

And yes, it's Dot Gobbler with different graphics. Why OEM figured they could sell the same game twice...!
Vice 1.21 for windows, i've retested Frogman and it and works great, it must work in ROM not in RAM, in ram crash after a while.
Obviously since it not work in ram doesn't work in real vic too if you use ram in BLK5 that you cannot write protect but works if you reburn the eprom.

I've no solution for Mobile Attack, it's a vice problem.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Well this is interesting... I'm using 1.21 as well, and I just tried booting Frogman again in ROM and it works fine in NTSC for me. Still crashes on boot in PAL though. Agree on Mobile Attack.

Can anyone fix Mobile Attack to stop it crashing, or are we just going to have to grin and bear it until Vice is updated properly? :?

Oh and does this mean I get a last minute credit on the multicart? :P
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Mayhem wrote:Oh and does this mean I get a last minute credit on the multicart? :P
We should be able to squeeze you into credits for Mega-Cart :wink:

Do you wish real name or Denial forum handle?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Shit, again I cannot think of a way to get my name on a major project... :lol: I've also noticed an increase in traffic to this site since this project started. Especially now in the last stages.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.