DENIAL website sold

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

DENIAL website sold

Post by Jeff-20 »

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know that a few months ago I was contacted by CNET Network Entertainment (the folks who bring us great sites like GameFAQs, GameSpot, and MP3.com). They've made a very generous offer to purchase this site, as well as the Denial name, as a retro gaming community for all classic systems.

The familiar message board will officially close April 15.

I welcome you all to continue to visit and learn from our sponsors about new retroactive software for exciting platforms like the Nintendo Wii and Sony Playstation 3 as well as the Vic 20.

I've enjoyed our discussions over the years. I hope you will stay around to enjoy the new and improved Denial with interactive flash games, bargins on Tech gear, and up to date news on all the latest games!

Find out more about our new owners CNET Network Entertainment by clicking on the name.

All the best, and take care.
Jeff-20
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I, for one, welcome our new and hopefully benevolent overlords.

HAFD, BTW. ;)
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Zeela
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Zeela »

Sounds like it's the right thing to do. There are better things in the world than an old outdated computer like the VIC-20.

:)
HAFD!

// Z
Check out my humble collection of old 'puters an such
http://www.zeela.se
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Will the existing message base be retained and migrated to new site?

There are lots of really neat tips & ideas in messages that have been created over the past couple of years.

Update:

Ok, you got me :oops: :oops: :oops:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

6502dude wrote:Will the existing message base be retained and migrated to new site?

There are lots of really neat tips & ideas in messages that have been created over the past couple of years.
All existing messages were purchased along with the site and are now copyrighted by the new site owners. You may not quote and make use of any of the information gathered here without the permission of copyright holder. The message base will not be retained. Sorry.
Last edited by Jeff-20 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

What a coincidence...I just sold my entire Vic 20 system (carts, datasettes, modem) to a collector desperate to get his hands on a working Vic system for a cool $100. Of course, I had to put in the Vic keyboard from my C64 for him. I'm putting the money towards more memory for my PC (another 512MB).
Victragic
Frogger '07

Post by Victragic »

You know, if it was 1998, and you'd said you were floating Denial on the NYSE, I would almost have believed you...

6502dude.. DUDE..! :lol:
3^4 is 81.0000001
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Maybe Commodore Intl. would be interested in buying shares in Denial, Lemon64, C64.com and all other related sites.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

well, you got me big time!

i was just about to pm ral-clan, and start whining about how much this sucks, but i decided to click on the sponsors link, although at first i was reluctant to as i wanted to boycott them :oops:
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

You didn't get me! :lol:
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

You got me. I even phoned an old friend, complaining about it! He spent some minutes trying to comfort me. :oops:
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

What's a VIC-20?
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

ral-clan wrote:What's a VIC-20?
The VIC 20 are the name of a model of home computer produced from Commodore to leave from 1980; with the aspect of a keyboard, it was commercialized like computer for the family and the game.

It had a large one happening of sales, only subissato from successive Commodore 64.

The hardware is based on processore MOS 6502, with a containing memory ROM of approximately 20kB arranges operating and BASIC 2,0, memory RAM of 5 kB, of which 3.5kB available for the programming in BASIC.
Italian Wikipedia, translated by Babel Fish :lol:
ssjlance
super saiya-jin

Post by ssjlance »

I was prepared for this, since I already saw the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie prank :twisted: