Anyone watch the KIM-1 go on ebay for???

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Centallica
Pinballer

Anyone watch the KIM-1 go on ebay for???

Post by Centallica »

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... &rd=1&rd=1

Pre-Commodore release or nice fancy box to fetch that price :shock:

Anyone got a SX-64 they want to sell me instead :?:
Brian
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Yeah, I was kind of doubtful you'd be able to find a KIM-1 in your price range when you mentioned you were looking for one. These things go for big bucks, and for gameplay (which you seem to be into) there's not that much offered.

That was a really nice on on that Ebay Auction.

I think you'll get way more use out of an SX-64 (and it will be cheaper to boot).
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

ral-clan wrote:Yeah, I was kind of doubtful you'd be able to find a KIM-1 in your price range when you mentioned you were looking for one. These things go for big bucks, and for gameplay (which you seem to be into) there's not that much offered.

That was a really nice on on that Ebay Auction.

I think you'll get way more use out of an SX-64 (and it will be cheaper to boot).
I've seen the Kim-1's go for between $150US and $250US over the years but this one was the exception do to it's pre-commodore production (I assume).

I'm a collector by nature 1st, electronics operations intrigued 2nd, gamer 3rd, and programmer wanna be 4th (so either will fit the bill for my 1st and 2nd needs) :D

The SX will come before the KIM-1 for sure :wink:
Brian
damnstraight
Vic 20 Hobbyist

sx-64

Post by damnstraight »

I don't know, I have sold a couple sx-64's and shipping is expensive. I usually double box them and completely cover the sx with 4 inch foam. I sold one to a guy in Uk a couple months ago for $250.00. the shipping was $150.00. What is the weight of the kim?
I thunk once and it hurt!
damnstraight
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by damnstraight »

I wonder what a rockwell aim 65 would bring. I still have one I purchased from rockwell when I started there in 1983.
I thunk once and it hurt!
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Aren't the plans for making a KIM available on the internet? I could make a couple of them and cash in !!