Ebay Nut

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Ebay Nut

Post by Alan »

This guy always has insane item descriptions...I'm amazed anyone buys anything form him.

This one, however, totally takes the cake.
Alan
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

What an odd cat. How can he sell things for $0.01 and include free shipping? Seems kind of counter productive.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

He doesn't live far from me; I wish I could investigate... It seems that he has sold many items for under $1. Very strange because the descriptions seem so misleading!
Use for Playstation 1 or 2 (Analog Controller 2) New Made in China - I am selling alot of the same products
What does that mean??? Sold for $0.01 and $0.50 shipping.

The following auction may explain:

Titled: "Leave Good Feedback Please Commodore 64 Black Disk #1"
Description

Leave Good Feedback Please Commodore 64 Black Disk #1 Bid on this disk, Need Quick Good feedback? Buy it now and will send you a black disk. Soon as you buy for a penny you get good feedback,. Buy it now - Will Ship Worldiwde with no tracking number. Will Ship as soon as you buy because I am on Vacation for 9 Days, 1 days Only , Please you need good Feedback or Not? Free Shipping Worldwide
There were about 10 listed, and almost all sold to the same guy. Seems like a feedback scam to maybe set himself up for a bigger scam auction... (?)

Look at this evidence:
His Negative Feedback

Some of the funnier remarks:
no communication, no product, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER REPORT TO EBAY
Reply by marchese7535: Who Communicates for 1 cent what a idiot. - GET A LIFE
6 weeks (!) after payment: “I will ship when I am ready - today I am not ready."
marchese7535: This person waited 3 months before why can't wait on this? Money gonna be refund
If could be funny if people were not getting ripped-off! :roll:
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Alan »

I'm not sure how sorry I can be for someone who gets ripped off from this guy. I'd say they were asking for it.
Alan
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I know of someone who wanted to build up their feedback when they first joined eBay so they bid on a bunch of inexpensive (< $2) auctions for information items (like recipes etc.) that didn't have any shipping charges. Within a month they had a great rating with lots of positive feedback. The system is ridiculous.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Would you better like a system where feedback is multiplied by the amount involved in the sale? Something like this:

* Sell/buy for $0 - $9: feedback +1
* $10-$49: feedback +2
* $50-$99: feedback +3
* $100-$199: feedback +4
* $200-$399: feedback +5
* $400-$799: feedback +6
* $800-$1499: feedback +7
* $1500 and above: feedback +8
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I've thought about it on and off over the years and I've never come up with a system that would be appreciably better than the one they have now, warts and all. I can think of small improvements though. One might be weighted feedback. Positive feedback from someone with 100+ positive received feedbacks should carry more weight than positive feedback from someone that joined the day before and has no feedback. Seems logical. It would also help if feedback was more than just positive/negative/neutral although I realize that if the process became more complex, people would be less inclined to bother.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

When you look at the detailed feedback report, it tells if the feedback is from a buyer or seller. That really helps. Perhaps it could also include the ammount of money in the transaction (the item itself could remain unnamed to protect privacy). That would be really useful.
damnstraight
Vic 20 Hobbyist

doesn't make sense

Post by damnstraight »

I must be guilty too, I have often offered items for nothin, and included freebee's. I just like to see if I can get others interested in things. :P
I thunk once and it hurt!