Retro Event Poll

Discuss anything related to the VIC

Pick a day that you could attend if interested?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Saturday January 27th
No votes
Sunday January 28th
No votes
Saturday February 3rd
100%
Sunday February 4th
No votes

Total votes: 5

ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

eslapion wrote:
Centallica wrote:Any Amiga 1200's you forgot to mention :D

Brian
No Amiga 1200s but I do have a pile of Amiga 500s and a pile of Amiga Load Faster SCSI controllers.

A pair of Amiga 1000s too.
Eslapion....if you have any Amiga SCSI controllers you don't want, I could use one (I'm not desperate for one, but if you're trying to unload them :) ). My A2091 card in my A2000 is rather slow.
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Cool radio!!!

I used to restore table top units years ago.

I still have an old Majestic 1930's era radio case in garage.
I looks like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting.

However, mine is not in as good shape cosmetically.

I largely got out collecting and restoring tube radios, but I still have an RCA Nipper IV in very good shape and a huge pile of NOS tubes.

Are you restoring with orginal type or modern capacitors?
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

6502dude wrote:Cool radio!!!

I used to restore table top units years ago.

I still have an old Majestic 1930's era radio case in garage.
I looks like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting.

However, mine is not in as good shape cosmetically.

I largely got out collecting and restoring tube radios, but I still have an RCA Nipper IV in very good shape and a huge pile of NOS tubes.

Are you restoring with orginal type or modern capacitors?
Hey Brian,

A friend of mine collects old radios and it intrigued me to try a restoration.

I'm using modern yellow capacitors from justradios.com (just give them your radio model number and he'll put a kit together for you for under $30).

Very interesting learning about the old radios but can't see it enough to keep me collecting past the one I have. Pinball is the way to go if you like electronics and gadgets with a never ending learning curve :D

If your work schedule frees up a bit for this weekend, I'm sure you can catch a ride with Leif and Golan up here to check out the electronic goodies and a tour of the inside of both a modern and 1960's pinball machine :wink:

Brian
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

ral-clan wrote:Eslapion....if you have any Amiga SCSI controllers you don't want, I could use one (I'm not desperate for one, but if you're trying to unload them :) ). My A2091 card in my A2000 is rather slow.
I have a pile of Amiga Loads Faster (ALF) SCSI controllers to get rid of.

But I have no clue if they are any faster than the 2091.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Centallica wrote:Anyone from Toronto have the Wed or Thurs edition of the Toronto Star Newspaper with an article on Barrie's future development plans in The Business Section they could bring to the event (for my parents to entice a move here for me)???
I don't read The Star (I'm a Globe subscriber) so I didn't think I would be able to help you out until I went to my girlfriend's parent's place for Sunday dinner. They get The Star so I dug through their recycling box and found the article you're looking for. I can a) mail it to you, b) fax it to you or c) deliver it in person at the geektogether (you like that? I just made that up) -- your choice. Just let me know.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

gklinger wrote:
Centallica wrote:Anyone from Toronto have the Wed or Thurs edition of the Toronto Star Newspaper with an article on Barrie's future development plans in The Business Section they could bring to the event (for my parents to entice a move here for me)???
I don't read The Star (I'm a Globe subscriber) so I didn't think I would be able to help you out until I went to my girlfriend's parent's place for Sunday dinner. They get The Star so I dug through their recycling box and found the article you're looking for. I can a) mail it to you, b) fax it to you or c) deliver it in person at the geektogether (you like that? I just made that up) -- your choice. Just let me know.
Golan your the man :!:

Hey just bring it Saturday (that was my intention of the request to make it convenient for everyone)...

My parents will appreciate it...I've been trying to get them to move closer to us now that we have baby James :D

Thanks again...5 days to go :D
Brian
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

eslapion wrote:
ral-clan wrote:Eslapion....if you have any Amiga SCSI controllers you don't want, I could use one (I'm not desperate for one, but if you're trying to unload them :) ). My A2091 card in my A2000 is rather slow.
I have a pile of Amiga Loads Faster (ALF) SCSI controllers to get rid of.

But I have no clue if they are any faster than the 2091.
Hmmm....I wonder which version you have:

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/search.pl? ... 0by%20byte

The original ALF controllers seem to be very basic MFM cards.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

ral-clan wrote:The original ALF controllers seem to be very basic MFM cards.
The are SCSI only cards. They were recovered in 1992 so I suspect these are all ALF 3. I will try to inspect.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Centallica wrote:If your work schedule frees up a bit for this weekend, I'm sure you can catch a ride with Leif and Golan up here to check out the electronic goodies and a tour of the inside of both a modern and 1960's pinball machine :wink:
If people want a ride with me, they should be at my place for 4 PM. Note that I'm not going to stay super late as I'm bringing Andreas with me :wink:. Probably will leave around 9 PM at the latest, and I won't be able to take anyone farther than here on the way back, or maybe Finch station.

Also, because of the baby seat in the back seat of my car, it's a bit crowded :wink: But two skinny adults can fit OK.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Nobody offered to pay for my fuel or offer a place to sleep so it looks like these items are going to stay in montreal...
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Schema wrote:I'm not going to stay super late as I'm bringing Andreas with me :wink:.
Should I tell him that the prizes will be drawn at midnight :twisted:

Little Andreas is coming...quick hide the power screwdriver from the computers :D

I'll do a roll call to see who's confirmed coming Thursday....so I can email directions.

Brian
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Schema wrote:If people want a ride with me, they should be at my place for 4 PM.
I was planning on driving up too (from downtown) so I'll have three seats available. What about Ian? I'll have to find out if he's coming. It doesn't make much sense for all of us to drive up seperately. If anyone needs a ride, now is definitely the time to speak up so we can get the car pool organized.

Brian: I'll bring the article for sure. What else can I bring?
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

gklinger wrote:
Schema wrote:If people want a ride with me, they should be at my place for 4 PM.
I was planning on driving up too (from downtown) so I'll have three seats available. What about Ian? I'll have to find out if he's coming. It doesn't make much sense for all of us to drive up seperately. If anyone needs a ride, now is definitely the time to speak up so we can get the car pool organized.

Brian: I'll bring the article for sure. What else can I bring?
Golan, I'll have pop for drinks but if you want any booze feel free to bring that, the newspaper, and if you have something cool you want to demo.

If anyone's looking for a pinball machine I'll have a retro night price on my 65 Williams of $450 Canadian (so bring a truck) or if anyone is looking for a Atari STf 1040 16 Bit computer, monitor with disk drive and Dungeon Master complete game, I'm open to trades for a complete C64 old style system with monitor, drive and games for it too...pm me
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

OK Guys...I did up the official agenda of the event with details of activities...

Centallica’s 2nd Annual Retro Night Event

When: Saturday February 3rd, 2007 5 PM- ??
Where: Barrie, Ontario L4N 0A1

What’s the line-up:
o 2004 Lord of the Rings Pinball Machine
o 1965 William’s Teacher’s Pet
o MAME Cabinet with 4000+ Games
o Amiga 500
o Atari 1040 Stf
o Commodore PET 4032
o Commodore Vic-20
o Commodore 64
o Commodore 64 DTV
o Special guest machine....
  • Vectrex from Sparky
    Vector Graphics machine with mini monitor
    Very unique and scarce to see
Arrivals: 5-7 PM
Pizza: 6:30-7:00PM
Inside a pinball 40 years apart: 7:30PM
Door Prizes: 8:30pm
o Boxed Vic-20
o A scarce tape version of “Raid on Isram
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

man, do you ever know how to advertise and make people envious of those who are going!