Retro Event Poll

Discuss anything related to the VIC

Pick a day that you could attend if interested?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Saturday January 27th
No votes
Sunday January 28th
No votes
Saturday February 3rd
100%
Sunday February 4th
No votes

Total votes: 5

Centallica
Pinballer

Retro Event Poll

Post by Centallica »

Confirmed to attend this Saturday:

Centallica
Schema
Ian Colquhoun
Golan
Sparky
Ian (my friend the antique radio collector)
Al (my friend the Electromechanical Pinball Guru)
DpCal (Cal from CGCC who's into Commodore Collecting)
6502dude

Anyone else pm me or post to the board...I'll be sending directions soon to those confirmed!

Many more invited outside the board...we'll see :?

Brian
Last edited by Centallica on Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

wouldn't you be shocked if I flew out?
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

Jeff-20 wrote:wouldn't you be shocked if I flew out?
If you do, don't forget your passport.

As of tommorow you will need it to fly into US from Canada. :roll:
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I'd like to meet all of you guys one day but Toronto is a bit far for a casual get together. Have fun.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Jeff-20 wrote:wouldn't you be shocked if I flew out?
Would be great Jeff!

You can have 1st dibs on the guest room and anyone else can have the air mattress or baby's crib :D

Brian
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

I'm definitely interested. This Saturday (27th) is no good for me, but the 28th, Feb 3 or 4th are all fine.

I'd prefer an afternoon/early evening thing, can't do the late nights as easily any more.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Barrie is a bit of a drive from Toronto but this sounds like fun and it would be a great chance to meet a few more of you guys so I would be interested in attending. Perhaps a carpool might be in order for people coming from Toronto?
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

gklinger wrote:Barrie is a bit of a drive from Toronto but this sounds like fun and it would be a great chance to meet a few more of you guys so I would be interested in attending. Perhaps a carpool might be in order for people coming from Toronto?
I'm sure Leif in his "Schemamobile" will pick up hitchhikers with a Commodore product under their arms :D

Barrie isn't far...it takes me the same time to get to work (I work in Vaughan) as others who live in Toronto to get to work :shock:

So we got 3 from the board great (including Sparky who PM'd me) !!

6502dude can't make it :(

How about BBell (Brad) a bit further west but still quite feasible (I'm going to a pinball show in March in Rochester NY for the day and went last year too....for the hobby it's worth it) 8)

Brian
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

ral-clan wrote:I'd like to meet all of you guys one day but Toronto is a bit far for a casual get together. Have fun.
Ditto. :-D
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Ian Colquhoun
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Ian Colquhoun »

I might be in too - I'd have to check with the wife of course. (Don't laugh - those that have wives know. haha) I don't know as many on this forum, but I do know Leif and Golan.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

That would be great Ian (maybe everyone can car pool together).

I'm thinking next weekend now as this one is approaching fast (just have to decide between a Sat or Sun)..... :? :? :? :?

I'm also working on some prizes and will post a pic of the grand prize when I figure out the details.... Vic-20 users and collectors will be :shock: :shock:

Brian
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

carlsson wrote:
ral-clan wrote:I'd like to meet all of you guys one day but Toronto is a bit far for a casual get together. Have fun.
ditto-mania. I'm starting to wish I could. If only I were a rich man, I could just fly out to these things whenever.
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Jeff-20 wrote:
carlsson wrote:
ditto-mania. I'm starting to wish I could. If only I were a rich man, I could just fly out to these things whenever.
What no "Denial Jet" there Jeff :lol:

I'm setting the date for Saturday February 3rd with a start time when you arrive between 5-7pm and going until last man standing or I fall asleep on you :wink:

I will post pics of the prizes this weekend or sooner....

Brian
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Centallica wrote:
Jeff-20 wrote:
carlsson wrote: Ditto. :-D
What no "Denial Jet" there Jeff :lol:

I'm setting the date for Saturday February 3rd with a start time when you arrive between 5-7pm and going until last man standing or I fall asleep on you :wink: I'll send directions to the doorstep from off the 400 to all who PM me!

I will post pics of the prizes this weekend or sooner....

Brian
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Ok, took a pic of some of my "extras" that I'm going to give away as prizes.

Maybe some more yet to come and if anyone got anything to add feel free to bring it (let me know ahead of time so I can figure out what types of activities the prizes will be awarded for) :D

Anyone want to put on a demo of some sort or "show and tell" something of a electronic nature let me know too so I can fit it into the schedule....Leif you got anything in the Mad Scientist Lab brewing :D

Brian