Vic 20 Newbie

VIC-1010 6 Slot Expansion Box on ebay

Post by fueriose »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-VIC-1010- ... dZViewItem

Thought you guys might be interested.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Yes, when I first saw it I jumped off my chair but then I remembered what recently happened with a VIC-1001 that ended up selling for a few hundreds of dollars. :?

I think I'm better off making a 6 slots expander of my own... cheaper, newer, more reliable and more personnalized features. :D
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Yes I saw this item when it was first posted. This seller has some great stuff for sale (look at his other auctions - and early 8-bit Atari that is selling for over $1000US).

The VIC-1010 would be nice to have but it's going to go for hundreds of dollars, and despite the huge and well-matched plastic case, it offers less functionality than many basic third party expanders (no switches to activate/deactivate slots, no reset button).

Just why is it so big? Are there any features beyond a basic six slot expander?
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

ral-clan wrote:Just why is it so big? Are there any features beyond a basic six slot expander?
It has its own power supply inside to power up the carts without drawing power from the VIC... but nowadays, a 5V 2A supply costs 10$ and fits in the palm of your hand (walwarts).

It is quite easy to make a six or seven slots expander with switches and external 5V supply.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Blimey, is it really worth that much? I guess I got lucky with the complete one I traded for, for a price less than that one on eBay is currently sitting at.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...