Only You (revision)

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Only You (revision)

Post by Jeff-20 »

Only You

This is the final revision of the game I submitted to the minigame comp. I just finally fixed the button glitch and adjusted the difficulty. I still think the bonus screen is too crowded, but I am declaring this one done.

Unexpanded VIC, all BASIC, Joystick required.

Instructions:

You are resposible for creating loving couples. Use your joystick to pair them. Press the fire button on matching couples to make a match. The match will disappear from the "dating scene" to live happily ever after (the remaining couple will be repositioned to make new acquaintences).

Press the fire button on incompatible couples to change their postitions, putting them in better positions to make a match.

Life is short. A timer will let you know the urgency of the issue... You must match over 50% to progress to another round. Match more for a Bonus Game. Win the game for a new version of play.

(Originally, each shape represented a personality type, but I thought that was a little offensive. The theme is already strange enough.)

Download here.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

My favourite game on the Denial 2 disk, Jeff! Thanks.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

double post. sorry.
Last edited by ral-clan on Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Wow man, nicely done. The bonus round had me glued to my seat. :lol:
Rob
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

As with Zombie Yard and every other game I have ever made, there is an ending (a way to "win" the game). However, after testing it a million times while programming the game, I have no real sense of the appropriate difficulty level... I'm never sure if winning is too easy or too difficult. I feel like this one is too easy and Zombie Yard is too difficult to win completely.
Tepic
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Tepic »

It took me about 5 goes to find the Blind date key. I assume that was the end?