FA: Vic-1001

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

Mayhem
High Bidder

FA: Vic-1001

Post by Mayhem »

No, not mine, not selling mine. Someone's got a complete one up on eBay for those interested however!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Commodore-VIC-100 ... dZViewItem
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

He's got TWO for sale!

Also did you check out his other stuff?

- ISE PC (a clone of a Commodore PET - I had NO idea!).
- Commodore PONG game
- a MAX machine.
- an original PHILIPS ODDYSEY 2100
- an Amiga Sidecar
- an Atari Portfolio
- a C900 prototype

He's going to make a killing!
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Hands off!! :twisted:

ral-clan, did you see a second one listed? There's a Japanese C64 which is also very cool. And a MAX...
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Schema wrote:Hands off!! :twisted:

ral-clan, did you see a second one listed?
Sorry, it was just the way Ebay lists the buyer's auctions that makes it look like he has two. They have the same auction number, so it must be just one.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I want this so bad! Did they only make 3 or them or something? I just don't understand why so few of these ever show up! I searched every dirty resale show in Japan. How did one end up in Austria?

And the Commodore calculator! UBER-COOL! As is every other auction he has. This guy must be in need of holiday money. More than I want to know how he got all of this stuff, I'd like to know why he'd give it up!
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

My favourite is the clone of a PET computer. I had NO idea these existed, and I'd love to get this even more than a PET itself!

But you are right. How come so few VICs show up from Japan? Maybe it's because the Japanese love their technology, and are always ready to move on to the next newest thing. Maybe there's a higher turnover of things to the dump there than in the west. I really have no idea, I'm just speculating.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

But the Japanese are the most dedicated collectors! I've seen countless sealed, pristine conditioned vintage items in their electronic stores. I would just like a hard count of how many VIC 1001s actually made it off the assembly line.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I wonder if it will go for more than I paid for Dimitri's last year? The sleeve isn't in as good condition but everything else looks almost unused.

Btw hands off the Japanese C64, that's gonna be my Xmas present to myself ;)
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

$404 Euros (like $800CAD) and 6 days to go! Ack! :shock:

No way in hell would I pay that. Even though I enjoy playing with VIC stuff.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

The one I bought finished on 625 Euros, but there were lots of rabid collectors involved there (I lost out on the complete Japanese C64 he also had up).
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Mayhem wrote:The one I bought finished on 625 Euros, but there were lots of rabid collectors involved there (I lost out on the complete Japanese C64 he also had up).
This is definitely one of the few examples of VIC-20 stuff going for MORE than it cost originally!
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

The most expensive Commodore sale I've been involved in (neither buyer or seller, just made introductions) was for a complete working Commodore 65 with manuals, design notes, and technical specs.

It went for 3,000 Euro (about $4500 Canadian) :shock:
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I wonder if it would be possible to make more C65s. i.e. clones since the design notes and specs exist. I guess there is not much point since there are so many C64s out there and the C-One
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

The Commodore 65 was never finished. There floats around a number of board revisions, some quite incompatible with eachother. Perhaps you would base this clone on the "last known good" C65, but you could just as well design a new computer from scratch with some technology like C-One, XGS or any of the other similar projects that are around.

I suppose a SuperCPU clone, possibly parallel developed so it can be adopted to any 6502 based system, would be more interesting than re-inventing the C65.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I just checked my site statistics... The link in the ebay auction for the Denial collection brought 24 clicks to this site. While the ebay auction for the VIC-1001 has possibly inspired more than a few HUNDRED links to the site through both Google searches for VIC 1001 and direct links from the wikipedia entry for VIC-1001.