3%
Star Trek
4%

Total votes: 76

Boray
Musical Smurf

The best Vic-20 game ever - Now Voting!

Post by Boray »

The 10 candidates (in alphabetical order) are now ready! Place your vote!

/Anders

----
Old post:

What's the best vic game ever? I thought we could have a little poll, but first we need 10 candidates. So nominate your candidate! You can only nominate one game!

I nominate: Omega Race.

/Anders
Last edited by Boray on Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

This is too difficult.. :cry:

There can be many kind of 'best'..

Best quality..

Best memorys..

Best.. Game that comes to your mind first when you think Vic20.

I wish I could say 3 games.. :P
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Say one then, and list the other ones, then maybe someone else will nominate them.

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Or better yet, list as many as you like. Then if 10 people have made nominations, we take the top one on everyones list. If only lets say 6 people have nominated, then we first take everyones top candidates and then take everyones candidate nr 2 etc... And then we start a poll with the 10 candidates. Okay?

/Anders
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Or maybe i just say what I think..

Most of Vic20 games were small simple games.. But whats best of those little games.. When there is so many nice ones..

I think..

I have best memorys of Vic20 game: Jupiter Lander. It was my first Vic20 game and I enjoy playing it. So often Vic20 is same as Jupiter Lander for me. 8)

But if i think best quality games.. (I didnt have those as kid).. There is games like.. Lode Runner and Mine Madnes.

I also think that Sargon II Chess is still very nice game of chess.. But anyway you cant choise Chess game at best game.. :P

What can I say.. when I like Bliz too..

So..

Best Game.. That Vic20 is all about.. Jupiter Lander

Best quality game: Lode Runner
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

1. Jupiter Lander
2. Sargon II Chess
3. Bliz
4. Gorf
5. Amok
6. Omega Race
7. Radar Rat Race
8. Lode Runner
9. Mine Madness
10. Ventti/Katko
11. Choplifter
12. Gridrunner
13. Jelly Monsters
14. Pacman
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

The only two complaints I have about Jupiter Lander, is I wish they had used another planet other than Jupiter, and that your ship should not blow up when you land yet receive no bonus.

Other than that, love the game and love that countdown music!

chris
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Chris.. Whats wrong with Jupiter... :D

If I remember correct this game was sold with other name too.. Wonder why..
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

hey mika;

trust me, i like the game, and it is tough as hell, and i love how they get close up when you are about to touch down

but, of all the planets to pick, they had to pick one that we will never be able to land on.

Mars lander sounds fine to me.

and doesn't it drive you nuts when the ship blows up just because you receive no bonus? or do you always land in the yellow zone :)

chris
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

I've always enjoyed Garden Wars.

Atlantis and Gorf are tired for second, though.
Leeeeee
soldering master

Post by Leeeeee »

Sargon II chess for best game, we played that for hours, and not just because it was slow. 8^)=

Omega race was a favourite as well, a game with hires graphics was something of a novelty then.

How about a worst game nomination? I vote Clowns as possibly the biggest waste of a cartridge ever.

Lee.
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

i am at a disadvantage to most of you guys i think, as i hardly have any game carts.

mind you, makes it easy to come up with a top 5 list :)

i am glad that there are lots of cart. images available, as i just started getting into playing some games on an emulator, and then i can decide if i want to purcahse that actual cart. to play on a real vic.

so here are my top 5: (out of about 9 carts. :) based on how much i play them.

1) Star trek
2) Jupiter Lander
3) Choplifter
4) Omega race
5) Cosmic cruncher

and based on Leeeee's comment, i guess i won't be getting Clowns :)

chris
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Llamasoft: Metagalactic Llamas: Battle at the Edge of Time

It is fun, action-packed and runs on the unexpanded VIC-20!

Btw, I think the C64 version of Jupiter Lander is called Saturn Lander? It may be equally tricky to land on that gas giant. How about Venus, once we get through the hot++ and poisonous gas cloud?

I had an idea to send a rocket with some gigantic nuclear load to Venus, and remote explode it in order to make the cloud react and disintegrate, but I realize that is:

1. not possible to make a load big enough
2. utterly dangerous that the load goes off too early
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

[/quote]Btw, I think the C64 version of Jupiter Lander is called Saturn Lander? It may be equally tricky to land on that gas giant. How about Venus, once we get through the hot++ and poisonous gas cloud?

I had an idea to send a rocket with some gigantic nuclear load to Venus, and remote explode it in order to make the cloud react and disintegrate, but I realize that is:

1. not possible to make a load big enough
2. utterly dangerous that the load goes off too early

Cytherean lander would sound cool!

chris
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

vic user wrote:hey mika;

and doesn't it drive you nuts when the ship blows up just because you receive no bonus? or do you always land in the yellow zone :)

chris
Well.. Atleast I try.. and usually do.

But what drives me nuts is when fuel ends and you are really close landing place.. When you try keep it on yellow zone.. 8)

There is Jupiter Lander for C64 cartridge too.

But they also sold Vic20 Jupiter Lander with name Super Lander.. I wonder why same game was sold with two names.

Someone said that Clowns is bad.. I dont think so.. If you like blockout type game.. Clowns is nice and different.

I just wonder are all my paddles bad or something.. When paddle controller is connected clowns on screen shake on their place even I dont move controller.