Denial Collection 2

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

I got mine today (up here in Canada we still use horse drawn carriages to deliver the mail).

Gotta love a collector's edition for a true collector like myself :P

Only thing now is I need to get Volume 1 :wink:

How can a collector like me aquire one of these? Vic black market underground maybe? Jeff maybe?

Thanks agian jeff really appreciate the gesture!
Brian
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Sorry, I didn't find room to bring out my VIC from the drawer:

A VIC-20 related picture is not complete without some cartridges, even if they are bare circuitboards, right? :lol:
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Only the super-rare collector's edition came with a coffee pot. :wink:

I finally decided on what to do... I'll auction off the last 3 of the packaged version on evilbay or something (may attract new members), and make several more on regular disks as a second run. I hate to sell them (puts too much pressure on the product to actually be good!), so I will just offer them at cost (a price not yet determined, but I would estimate to be affordable, let me know what affordable is). This could be a great way to help pay for this website :P Unfortunately, I don't have a 64, so it takes a little longer to copy disks. I'll let everyone know when I get started on it.
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Here's my disk in it's natural surrounding :-)

@Jeff: I'm not through with Only You, I'm only at Chapter 5 :oops: But at least I got to the bonus round :-) I'm not as precise as I want when time goes down. I mostly end up with 4x% shortly before I make it to the next level. But that only makes me start another round... and another... and another... Really addictive, and the time pressure is something I never had in mind for NoMess. I'm more one of the slow ones :lol:
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Jeff-20 wrote:Only You was my favorite, but no one really seems to like that sort of theme...
I like it (and have said so before when you posted the game in the basic section)! I like all of the games....
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Schlowski
NoMess!

Post by Schlowski »

Hey Boray, we have the same monitors :-)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Jeff, it is a tea pot! Don't you know what items you're shipping? :P
Anders Carlsson

ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

:cry: Boo Hoo! Mine didn't arrive yesterday....mabye tonight :) ! So no picture yet.

Glad to see the pictures are flooding in!

Boray: I love that VIC-1020. Man I would love to have one. Perfect final touch on a VIC setup.

Jeff-20: What about posting a .D64 image of the Denial collections? I suppose the only problem with this is that it would mean people would play it on emulators --- and that is what you wanted to avoid.
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

I received my disk in the mail today.

Thank you very much Jeff!

To Schlowski: Happy to see the expander I made for you is part of the "natural surrounding".
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I threw #29 up on ebay. Let's see if it brings more traffic here. Any price received will go back into paying the annual rent for this message board. Item number: 280053361533, watching the counter will give me a sense of how large the collections scene is getting.

I hope the weekend will give you guys time to actually play it... there's a joy in seeing it on screen on the other side of the globe 8) ! I added the pics to the front page rotation.
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Schlowski wrote:Hey Boray, we have the same monitors :-)
Yes, I saw that too! I wonder what that front hatch is for... It's always open :wink: Nice monitor as it also works with the c128's 80 column mode... Comparing our pictures you can also study the Swedish keyboard layout...

My high-scores so far:
Game Theory: 38
Box: 22
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

eslapion wrote:I received my disk in the mail today.

Thank you very much Jeff!

To Schlowski: Happy to see the expander I made for you is part of the "natural surrounding".
Argh! Mine didn't arrive yesterday either. Now VICuser (Ottawa) and Eslapion (Montreal) have gotten theirs, and I'm in between both of them in Cornwall. Something is up with Canada Post! I really want to post my picture here....glad you are enjoying them Jeff!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Short reviews:

Game Theory: Fun, a bit like a good crap-game(1) but made with elegance. I barely manage to score 8 points.

Spy Mouse: Really cool, but difficult. A good amount of variation. It could definitely be MiniGame material, or perhaps a commercial game from 1983.

World Cup: Fun idea, but it'd be even better if everyone in your team got at least one shot each (or at least seven different shooters, if the team consists of more than seven players).

Box: Another rather unique concept, it took me a few tries to understand what was going on (despite reading the manual). No real high score, only nine patterns solved.

Zombie Yard: Very polished, another MiniGame level game or something that could've made a commerical release back in the days. A bit more traditional in the gameplay, but nice presentation.

Only You: The only game that was previously submitted to the compo. A puzzle game like a simplified Jewels. Cute, but perhaps lacks something to make it really catchy.

Generally speaking, Jeff-20 has a very fresh set of game concepts on his mind! It is not only a very nice gift and gesture, but also an example how not every game has to be a copy of something else.

(1) See some of the best CSSCGC entries; those in C64CGC tend not to understand the concept.
Anders Carlsson

carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Another picture of the whole gear:

The reason why I'm not using the 1084 monitor is because its composite/CVBS input is not stable for bright images (e.g. white, cyan or yellow border). Maybe it can be repaired, but I yet haven't found out what to replace and some day I'll get a slightly more modern 14" TV that has at least a SCART input.

The box right below the 1084 is the disk drive and power supply unit for the BBC Master Compact. The tray of drives to the right of the monitor (did anyone say something about electromechanical interference?) is a 1581 (thanks Schema!), an external Amiga drive and a 1541-II at the bottom. The VIC-20 on the picture is temporarily put on top of my Amiga 1200. The weird joystick is a Starplex Deluxe Video Game Controller. Either you love it (me and Stonan) or you hate it (other people).
Anders Carlsson