Looking for a Commodore modem.

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Looking for a Commodore modem.

Post by ral-clan »

Hi, anyone have one of those autodial 1200 baud modems that work on the VIC-20 they want to trade for. I have some VIC, Atari, Intellivision, ColecoVision and Tandy cartridges....
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

hey brent;

i have a couple of modems, so perhaps when you make it back to ottawa, we can do some kind of trade
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

vic user wrote:hey brent;

i have a couple of modems, so perhaps when you make it back to ottawa, we can do some kind of trade
Great! Thanks....I just discovered I have an RS-232 cable that is supposed to allow me to connect any PC modem to a Commodore machine....but it says it's for a C64/128, so if it's not VIC compatible (volatage wise) I'd like to trade for one of your modems. Thanks!
6502dude
megacart

Post by 6502dude »

ral-clan wrote:....I just discovered I have an RS-232 cable that is supposed to allow me to connect any PC modem to a Commodore machine....but it says it's for a C64/128, so if it's not VIC compatible (volatage wise) I'd like to trade for one of your modems. Thanks!
A user port to RS232 adapter cable that is made for 64/128 will also work for Vic-20.
Image Mega-Cart: the ultimate cartridge for your Commodore Vic-20
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

6502dude wrote:
ral-clan wrote:....I just discovered I have an RS-232 cable that is supposed to allow me to connect any PC modem to a Commodore machine....but it says it's for a C64/128, so if it's not VIC compatible (volatage wise) I'd like to trade for one of your modems. Thanks!
A user port to RS232 adapter cable that is made for 64/128 will also work for Vic-20.
Are you sure? I was warned by people on this board to watch out, because certain USER port peripherals for the C64 have slightly different pin configurations, which could fry a VIC (or vice versa). So I was going to open it up and check first.