sokoban for vic 20?

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

hasseapa
Vic 20 Devotee

sokoban for vic 20?

Post by hasseapa »

Are there any Sokoban type games for Vic 20? A pure Sokoban clone is, of course, well within it's capacity. A Sokoban with monsters, like Eggerland/Aventures of Lolo, Chip's Challenge, would be WAY cool and very possible, I think. Just look at Rockman as an example from a related genre.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I thought you wrote "Sodoku". I'm suprised no one has made one of those games for the VIC yet.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Suduko is boring, both in paper form and electronically. Last year there were two in the MiniGame compo; one for Oric and one for Spectrum. They probably were well programmed and played a proper game, but just as some people don't like board games or puzzle games or whatever, I have no warm feelings at all for Suduko.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

To be honest, I don't really like sokoban games either. They bore me.
hasseapa
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by hasseapa »

There is actually a kind of a Sokoban-game-with-monsters game for Vic. The swedish developed Nisse. Well, it's actually an action game which requires very little Sokoban type of thinking. This is mainly due to the level design as the game elements are all in place. You play one of Father Christmas helper and your object is to push Christmas presents to Father Christmas' big sack. In your way are spruce trees and deadly moving rats. There is even a co-op mode. When playing in this mode, one player can trap the rats with blocks to clear the path for the other player. I don't remember if it is actually intended as a competition mode but somehow co-operation allowed for the more interesting experience.
hasseapa
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by hasseapa »

Then, of course, there are the related Pengo genre, which is also discussed here on the forum. Perhaps some of the Vic Pengo clones are actually more like Sokoban-with-monsters? I haven't tried them all. (In Pengo blocks slide along until a stop when pushed and blocks can be destroyed both by the player and by the enemies.)