Help me find this game

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

nippur72
de Lagash

Help me find this game

Post by nippur72 »

Please help me find this game of which I don't know the title (original title was hacked). It's a sort of "Joust" but with orange egg-shaped sprites on black background. It was machine language written with nice sound effects, that's all I remember. Anyone knows/remembers it?
eslapion
ultimate expander

Re: Help me find this game

Post by eslapion »

nippur72 wrote:Please help me find this game of which I don't know the title (original title was hacked). It's a sort of "Joust" but with orange egg-shaped sprites on black background. It was machine language written with nice sound effects, that's all I remember. Anyone knows/remembers it?
The only "Joust" clone I know for the VIC is "Bagdad" from Compute's Gazette.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

There's Return of the Space Warriors for C64 that fits your description though that's not for the Vic20 of course.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
nippur72
de Lagash

Post by nippur72 »

"return of space warriors" is very similar to the game I am seeking. The egg-shape of spaceships is the same but without legs on the VIC 20 version.

Well, at least now I know what title to search for :)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I have Return of the Space Warriors on original tape. I found it quite fun to play back in the day, but it was many++ years since I played it the last time.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nippur72
de Lagash

Post by nippur72 »

Do you mean the Vic 20 version? That would be great! Do you have a .TAP file to share? I've looked on zimmers.net but it isn't there.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I think he means the same as me, the C64 version. I only picked it out cos it sounded very much like what you were describing. I've not seen a similar game on the Vic20 myself.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yes, C64. That particular game was made in 1986/87, but it doesn't prevent an older, similar game to exist for the VIC-20.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nippur72
de Lagash

Post by nippur72 »

I've found it!!!

It's called "Space Joust" and you can download it on Arma's site:

http://www.timsplace.plus.com/tapescans ... ejoust.zip
hasseapa
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by hasseapa »

The spaceships really do look like Easter eggs! I remember playing this with a friend and how he acclaimed that he now owned one Christmas game and one "Easter game". Life was complete...

I wonder if the Easter egg similarities were intentional. At least here in Sweden, a traditional game at Easter involves tapping eggs against each other trying to crack the other without cracking your own.