JiffyDOS for VIC and 64s with soldered kernal ROM chip

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

eslapion
ultimate expander

JiffyDOS for VIC and 64s with soldered kernal ROM chip

Post by eslapion »

Hello,
After a quick phone conversation with Maurice Randall, I can now offer a complete installation of jiffyDOS to people who have computers or 1541 drives with the ROM chips soldered to the board.

Maurice has garanteed he can ship me the necessary chips in less than one week delay.

In other words, if you have a VIC or commodore 64 or 1541 in which you cannot install JiffyDOS the normal way because your kernal chip(s) is not on a socket, I can do the necessary work to get it installed AND socketed.

I will order the necessary chips from CMDRKEY for you.

Installing jiffyDOS in a VIC or C64 (jiffyDOS chip included) is 30$

Installing jiffyDOS in a standard 1541 (jiffyDOS chips included) is 40$

For the moment, I can only offer this service to people in USA and Canada.

If you already have the chips. Get in touch directly with me via PM or MSN messenger.

THIS IS NOT SOFTWARE PIRACY, I get my chips from Maurice Randall, the owner of the intellectual property for JiffyDOS.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

:shock:

What about those of us that can desolder ICs ourselves, but are unable to get the JiffyDOS chips we've ordered and paid for?

(Not directed at you, just Maurice.)

How much do you charge for just getting the chips and sending them to us? :wink:
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Schema wrote::shock:

What about those of us that can desolder ICs ourselves, but are unable to get the JiffyDOS chips we've ordered and paid for?

(Not directed at you, just Maurice.)

How much do you charge for just getting the chips and sending them to us? :wink:
When I spoke to Maurice I mentioned your specific difficulties at getting your SX-64 ROMs and he said they should be done in the coming week.

I would really like you to keep me posted on this as it might serve as a reference when doing business with him.

He also said he doesn't charge for stuff before shipping?!?!? Did you say you have PAID FOR your chips?
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

Yes, I paid through Paypal.