Pile O' Commodore

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

jiggleitalittleitllopen
Vic 20 Newbie

Pile O' Commodore

Post by jiggleitalittleitllopen »

I just put a big lot of Vic20 stuff up on eBay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I offered it here months ago, but nothing came of it.

Regards
J
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Re: Pile O' Commodore

Post by ral-clan »

jiggleitalittleitllopen wrote:I just put a big lot of Vic20 stuff up on eBay...

Regards
J
If that Cardco 6-slot expander is the one with the ribbon cable extension, I would have bought that from you in a snap! I never saw your ad on these forums....darn. Perhaps it was before I joined in January. Anyway, if it IS the same expander I am interested in above, is there ANY way I could still buy it without bidding on the whole deal? I suppose not, now that it's on Ebay....shipping for the whole lot would be insane to Canada, plus it's probably going to go for more than I can afford just for the one item I am interested in :( .
jiggleitalittleitllopen
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: Pile O' Commodore

Post by jiggleitalittleitllopen »

ral-clan wrote:
jiggleitalittleitllopen wrote:I just put a big lot of Vic20 stuff up on eBay...

Regards
J
If that Cardco 6-slot expander is the one with the ribbon cable extension, I would have bought that from you in a snap! I never saw your ad on these forums....darn. Perhaps it was before I joined in January. Anyway, if it IS the same expander I am interested in above, is there ANY way I could still buy it without bidding on the whole deal? I suppose not, now that it's on Ebay....shipping for the whole lot would be insane to Canada, plus it's probably going to go for more than I can afford just for the one item I am interested in :( .
Yup, ribbon cable to a circuit board that slips into the expansion slot.
It was last July when I last posted it here - and I wanted to sell as a lot then, as well. If you want to know the estimated shipping charges for the whole lot (which is only @ US$23.50 now), let me know, I'll need your city & postal code. I've already posted estimates for Calgary & Ireland, that should be visible on the eBay page.

And depending on what part of Ontario you're in, we might not be that far apart - and I make frequent trips to a Buffalo suburb.

Thanks!!
bbell
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by bbell »

Hmmm, where did the listing go?

I was waiting for that one :cry:, was thinking of making it a little fathers day gift :lol:

I am keeping an eye out for an RS232 Cartridge like the 1011A...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Duh. If you were looking for 1011B, you could buy mine (boxed!). Unfortunately it doesn't function in the same manner, and is of less use.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
bbell
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by bbell »

carlsson wrote:Duh. If you were looking for 1011B, you could buy mine (boxed!). Unfortunately it doesn't function in the same manner, and is of less use.
Yeah, it would be less useful, unless I can dig up a current loop to RS-232 converter, which is probably just about as likely as a 1011A :lol:
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Or maybe a DIY RS232 interface, if functionality is the important part.
Anders Carlsson

ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I have a Progressive Peripherals RS-232 convertor for the Commodore 64. I think it was first made in order to use non commodore modems on the C64 (not sure). I assume it would be save to use on my VIC-20? Would it give me all the capabilities of teh 1011A / B (how are they different, anyway)?
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

A few signals on the user port differ between the VIC and C64, so you'd better check the circuit before trying it.

1011A is "terminal type", using different voltage levels (?)
1011B is "current loop" (for Teletype), breaking the current for zero

Other than Teletype, I don't know which terminals/printers/modems etc used that method but the interface should otherwise be functionally RS232, just not electronically.
Anders Carlsson

bbell
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by bbell »

carlsson wrote:Or maybe a DIY RS232 interface, if functionality is the important part.
Yes, I have found a few schematics for a DIY interface. Real shame because I did have one of the clone interfaces, but I think I gave it away when I was cleaning in the early 90's.