Anyone have a manual for Programmer's Aid cartridge?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Anyone have a manual for Programmer's Aid cartridge?

Post by ral-clan »

Hi, does anyone have a scan or OCR'd version of the manual for the Programmer's Aid Cart? It seems like it would be so helpful but I don't know what it can do or how to use it. Thanks!
Last edited by ral-clan on Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Alan »

Alan
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

That page has the manual for the Super Expander and a copy of the Programmer's Reference Manual, but I don't see any instructions for the Programmer's AID cartridge.
Alan
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Alan »

ral-clan wrote:
That page has the manual for the Super Expander and a copy of the Programmer's Reference Manual, but I don't see any instructions for the Programmer's AID cartridge.

Oops!

I don't remember where I found it, but I have the Programmers' Aid Cart manual in .TXT format. Send me an email and I'll fire you off a copy.
Alan
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Yeah, based on vic_user's scans, I OCR:ed and roughly proofread it a while ago:

http://www.cbm.sfks.se/files/progaid.txt

I still wonder if there wasn't a second revision of this manual, considering the number of typos and mistakes in the instructions. Also, the layout of this manual doesn't match the Swedish translation very well, so either Datatronic (or Handic or whoever ran the documentation subsidiary) wrote their own documentation from scratch or it was translated from a English (?) version I haven't seen.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
GreyGhost
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by GreyGhost »

Here's a scan of the manual I have. Goto the Mags & Manual Scans Tab:

http://robmurphysc.tripod.com/
Rob
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Thanks to everyone for thier quick replies in showing me where to get this manual! Looks like I will finally be able to get some use out of what looks like a very handy cartridge! :D
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Hm, Rob's scan looks like an English version of the Swedish document I wrote about, very different from the other English version I OCR:ed. I'm not so sure this more recent scan is easily OCR-able:
The irfofmoiion in 'his fidrua' bU9 rdvivwndand FS beljeved Ig be entirely No responsibnlily, however, is assumed for inaccuracies, the material irflfn^nia^uf)' i^f irrformntnin purposes onry, ond It tubiscl la wilhoul
Hm, after applying Sharpen More, Resize to 300 dpi and Threshold at ~180 in Photoshop, the OCR quality improved a bit:
The informoiion in this mcnua! has been reviewed and is believed to be entirely reliable. No responsibility, however, is assumed for inaccuracies. The material in this manual is for information purposes only, and is subject lo change without notice.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

I am presently busy tiping back in MS word the EXACT content of my manual of Programmer's Aid cartridge.

Actually, its more like page layout because I want to make a PDF with it that will contain both text and images and look like it was done yesterday.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

eslapion wrote:I am presently busy tiping back in MS word the EXACT content of my manual of Programmer's Aid cartridge.

Actually, its more like page layout because I want to make a PDF with it that will contain both text and images and look like it was done yesterday.
Hey, now we have quite a Canadian contingent here on DENIAL: Eslapion, 6402dude, VIC20user, Ral-Clan (me), Schema....and I know there are some others. Would be great if we =could all meet one day (I think all of the above are in the Montreal-Toronto corridor). I guess this attests to how popular Commodore machines were in Canada - I think C= Canada Inc. was one of the only profitable branches of the firm at the very end in 1993. I remember that all of the schools in Ontario had PET and then C64 labs in the early 80s, whereas it seems that in the States it was Apple that had this market tied up.