FS: Koala Ware Dancing Bear Cartridge

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

syntaxerror64
Vic 20 Drifter

FS: Koala Ware Dancing Bear Cartridge

Post by syntaxerror64 »

Hi everyone,

I have an auction up for a Koala Ware Dancing Bear Cartridge for the VIC-20. I got this in a big haul of Commodore items last week. I only use the C64 so maybe someone here would find it useful for their collection. I can't test this cart as I don't have a working VIC-20, however it appears to be in excellent shape.

eBay auction

The auction says shipping only to the US, however if you are elsewhere and interested in this item email me.

Thanks!
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Gamebox is cute 8)

I have only cartridge, course it did come with Koala Pad.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

shhhhh.... don't tell Mayhem... :lol:
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
syntaxerror64
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by syntaxerror64 »

Mikam73 wrote:Gamebox is cute 8)

I have only cartridge, course it did come with Koala Pad.
I have the Koala Pad in the box that this came in as well I just discovered. :D
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I have Dancing Bear complete already, so no worries about me bidding on it people ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Re: FS: Koala Ware Dancing Bear Cartridge

Post by ral-clan »

syntaxerror64 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have an auction up for a Koala Ware Dancing Bear Cartridge for the VIC-20.
If the box is already opened, you could do us all a big favour by scanning the Koala Pad overlay at high resolution and posting it here as a JPEG for us to download. Then we could all print it and use our Koala Dancing Bear cartridges (it would also be useful as a piece of VIC history).

Would be appreciated! :D
syntaxerror64
Vic 20 Drifter

Re: FS: Koala Ware Dancing Bear Cartridge

Post by syntaxerror64 »

ral-clan wrote: If the box is already opened, you could do us all a big favour by scanning the Koala Pad overlay at high resolution and posting it here as a JPEG for us to download.
Well, I don't see that here... all I have is what is in the pic, the box, the cartridge and manual.

I do have a pile of VIC-20 stuff that I got in this haul, perhaps it's stashed in there somewhere. Let me have a look and I'll see if it's there.
syntaxerror64
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by syntaxerror64 »

Mayhem wrote:I have Dancing Bear complete already, so no worries about me bidding on it people ;)
I am quite unfamiliar with VIC-20 stuff, is this cartridge considered rare/hard to find? I am just trying to get rid of some of this stuff to some who might use it rather than pitch it in the dumpster. :)
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Dancing Bear is an 8 on the rarity scale used by Digital Press. I think yours is only the third boxed copy I've seen. As in separate entity. I've seen the version with the pad and the cart with it more often.

Still not an easy cart to find ;)

If the overlay is really that needed, I'll see if I can find my copy here...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Mayhem wrote:If the overlay is really that needed, I'll see if I can find my copy here...
Well, a high resolution scan of the overlay would be appreciated, as then I can print it out, get it laminated and actually use it on my Koala Pad.
syntaxerror64
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by syntaxerror64 »

ral-clan wrote: Well, a high resolution scan of the overlay would be appreciated, as then I can print it out, get it laminated and actually use it on my Koala Pad.
I organized this remaining stuff and found the overlay for Dancing Bear, it was in a pile of assorted things. I have 2 of them actually, I'm not sure if the cart originally comes with 2 or if I just have an extra.

I will scan it and post it up here shortly.

EDIT: Here it is, let me know if this works for you or not.

ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

syntaxerror64 wrote:I organized this remaining stuff and found the overlay for Dancing Bear,
EDIT: Here it is, let me know if this works for you or not.
Looks great and works great as well! Thanks a lot for doing this. It's a great help to the VIC-20 community. :)
syntaxerror64
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by syntaxerror64 »

ral-clan wrote: Looks great and works great as well! Thanks a lot for doing this. It's a great help to the VIC-20 community. :)
Sure no prob! Glad I could help out.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

That overlay was reprinted in a COMPUTE! issue which I have somewhere, either the whole issue or just a cut-out. The embarrassing point is that I don't know which issue, and I briefly looked through them all trying to locate it before, with no luck.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Ha! All hail Google (and people who archive stuff on the Internet):

http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/i ... OCIETY.php

It was disguised in the list of contents as "Computers and Society", not even marked exclusively for VIC-20, so not odd I didn't find it.

By the way, here is one of the funniest articles I ever read in COMPUTE!, by the most interesting Fred D'Ignazio:

http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/i ... e_Road.php

You can find more columns by Fred D'Ignazio if you browse earlier or later issues.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/i ... gnazio.php
http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/i ... gnazio.php
Nine year old boy wrote:Why, he asked, if HERO had a clock built inside him, couldn't I have written a little program to have HERO check his clock, and at 5:30 a.m. start talking and wake me up?
:lol:
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image