Problems on TAP creation

Discuss anything related to the VIC
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

carlsson wrote:Space Force (wrongly mislabeled as Star Force)
In both cassettes sides the label is "Star Force" but yes, the title screen is "Space Force" i think is a publisher initiative.
carlsson wrote:Not sure how to avoid enemies once they come too close though.
You must go fast because if the bear arrive on the river there is no way for you, when you arrive to the lake another life is added.
carlsson wrote:It will take some more time to analyze
many thanks for your work

PS: nobody know "Trout"? was an italian distribution only?
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

After a lot of searches i've discovered that Trout is a relabeled game and the original for Vic-20 is Salmon Run by Synapse the loader is a little bit different so i hope that someone (carlsson for example) may help me to load this game with a 1541/1581 drive or exist a single file version 3k/8k of this game?

HERE now there is the Salamon Run tape too downloaded from ARMA
Last edited by nbla000 on Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

carlsson wrote:I successfully single-filed Chopper (elementary),
Hm, only the keyboard version seems to work properly. Convert the IF on line 7030 to a REM with POKE5730,143 but it appears like the joystick routine is missing something (wrong data direction registers?) since it is only possible to move to the right.

I'm thinking the cassette switch being an external trigger is set up to relate to the data direction and thus joystick movement.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
nbla000
Salmon Run

Post by nbla000 »

Ok no matter for Chopper on Zimmers i've discovered the unexpanded single file

In any case it's very impressive how you manage the assembler code, where it's possible to learn at least the 10% of your know-how, you were a programmer for some software house? i'm 35 years old and you?
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

No, nowhere even close. :lol:

I only knew very small fragments of machine code, memory maps and alike until I was around 20 years old, and got involved in the Veni Vidi VIC! demo project. Around then, I started to teach myself more, both about the programming and surrounding technologies. I'm 31 now, so about your age. Once you understand the instructions and addresing modes, you start to understand what the code does too, and can follow it much closer. A memory map is also good to have, in case of calls into ROMs etc.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image