** Revision 2024 Invitation / Website

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mike
Herr VC

** Revision 2024 Invitation / Website

Post by Mike »

From March 29th to April 1st 2024, Revision, the world's biggest pure Demoscene event, opens its doors at the E-Werk in Saarbrücken, Germany!

Since 2011, each year there were attending around 800 visitors from more than 30 countries. Main language is English, with people coming from Europe, overseas, and all over the world.

The party website is fully online now, so you can get a first impression of what to expect. For the time being, here are some links to threads in Denial about the last on-site Revision parties in 2023 and 2019 (the installations in 2020 to 2022 were on-line only due to Covid-19).

The party features several competition categories, of which some are also eligible for VIC-20 releases. The productions will be shown on a BIG screen, and are supported by a heavy sound system. :)

Between the competitions, enough opportunities to learn new things in seminars, eat, drink, party, socialize and make new friends. And yes, there will be a bonfire! :mrgreen:

At the time I write this, 204 people already have signed up. Tokra and me will also be there. If you're planning to show up at the place, register as visitor on the website and drop a short notice here, too! :D

Cheers,

Michael
Soloman
Vic 20 Amateur

Re: ** Revision 2024 Invitation / Website

Post by Soloman »

Have fun Mike! Can you share some pictures by then?
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

For what matters, you can always take a look at the photos I posted last year - and which I already linked to in the start post - to get a first impression of the frenzy taking place on Revision.

You can reach Saarbrücken by train as follows (arriving one day earlier on Maundy Thursday to acclimatize is wholeheartedly recommended):

Thursday, 28th Mar, 2024: Bilthoven - 08:13 - RE 5520 - 08:25 - Utrecht Centraal - 08:34 - ICE 105 - 12:23 - Mannheim Hbf - 12:36 - RE 1 - 14:15 - Saarbrücken Hbf

Hotel booking and retour travel plans left as exercise for the reader. :mrgreen:
heaven6502
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by heaven6502 »

So we can meet there :)
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

The video of the invitation intro is online on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdB3Ell9F1M

Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

To those interested,

I will give a seminar lecture on the topic of Machine Language Monitors on Revision 2024.

The seminar is scheduled on Friday, Mar. 29th, 6 P.M. CET (1 P.M. EST, 10 A.M. PST).

Greetings,

Michael
Orangeman96
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Orangeman96 »

Well done, Michael--despite the technical difficulties giving you a very late start! :D

You should seriously consider giving it again, or even doing a YouTube version for us!

OGM
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Thank you! :D
wrote:You should seriously consider giving it again, or even doing a YouTube version for us!
Edit: The video is up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiPrL9788wU. Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Greetings,

Michael
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

heaven6502 wrote:So we can meet there :)
For the record, tokra had his VIC-20 set up and running on a table right next to the central corridor.

BTW, tokra and I had a nice meetup with two graphicians from Poland (skrzyp and Erick Elis of INBA Systems) who were amazed seeing skrzyp's entry to the Oldskool Graphics Compo (Saphron) on the VIC-20, using my 320x200 CGA displayer. :mrgreen:

(Too bad scrollable pictures had been disallowed in the Oldskool Graphics Compo at least since last year, otherwise Saphron could quite as well have been a VIC-20 entry. :wink:)
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

Mike wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:08 pm
For the record, tokra had his VIC-20 set up and running on a table right next to the central corridor.
jesseblue/Transatlantic Lamerz, who we brought with us from Bremen, actually knew Heaven personally already and was on the lookout, but did not see him either.

Nevertheless, Heaven together with his group desire did release a VIC-20-demo at the party:

https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=96541

It got 4th out of 10 and just barely missed 3rd place by 6 votes.
Orangeman96
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Orangeman96 »

BTW, tokra and I had a nice meetup with two graphicians from Poland (skrzyp and Erick Elis of INBA Systems) who were amazed seeing skrzyp's entry to the Oldskool Graphics Compo (Saphron) on the VIC-20, using my 320x200 CGA displayer. :mrgreen:

(Too bad scrollable pictures had been disallowed in the Oldskool Graphics Compo at least since last year, otherwise Saphron could quite as well have been a VIC-20 entry. :wink:)
CGA? -OGM
Orangeman96
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Orangeman96 »

tokra wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:47 pm
jesseblue/Transatlantic Lamerz, who we brought with us from Bremen, actually knew Heaven personally already and was on the lookout, but did not see him either.

Nevertheless, Heaven together with his group desire did release a VIC-20-demo at the party:

https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=96541

It got 4th out of 10 and just barely missed 3rd place by 6 votes.
$h!t hot: first in my book!

(I can't help but feel nurturing and evolving the VIC-20 would have been a smarter strategy for Commodore--versus coming up with the C= 16/116 and Plus/4.)

OGM
heaven6502
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by heaven6502 »

Hey... Unfortunately I was just 1 day at revision.

I have seen that VIC20 on the table. What hardware was attached to it?

And on the monitor I have seen Zak?
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Orangeman96 wrote:CGA?
Yes. Do you not know what CGA is or is that question mark intended to convey disbelief?
heaven6502 wrote:I have seen that VIC20 on the table. What hardware was attached to it?
The VIC-2020 MINIMON cartridge with Mega-Cart as secondary cartridge. Plus a Manosoft C64SD V2 SD2IEC drive.
And on the monitor I have seen Zak?
Yes. On the VIC-20. Done by tokra in tlr's fcbpaint, released at Revision 2017 for the Oldskool Graphics Compo.
Orangeman96
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Orangeman96 »

Mike wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:04 am
Orangeman96 wrote:CGA?
Yes. Do you not know what CGA is or is that question mark intended to convey disbelief?
Amused disbelief, I suppose; my apologies if that approach to fostering discussion instead generates discontent on anyone's part...

I guess I registered under the assumption Denial was indeed a respectful, fun, open-discussion VIC-20 forum where members support one another: versus sniping at one another, or it being a "moderated-something-else" -- a "mistake" I won't make again for sure where my posting is concerned. (Note that I refuse to be anyone's "emotional punching bag" -- for any reason.)

Ich wünsche Ihnen einen schönen und friedlichen Tag,

OGM