DenialWIKI access?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
JonBrawn
Vic 20 Devotee

DenialWIKI access?

Post by JonBrawn »

How do I create an account to contribute material to the DenialWIKI - I was thinking of tidying up the notes I've made on the 6560 NTSC and 6561 PAL video details.
Working on FPGA replacement for 6560/6561
https://youtube.com/@vicenary
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Re: DenialWIKI access?

Post by joshuadenmark »

Send a PM to me with the username you want, and I will create it for you. Nice to have you contributing, Thanks.
Kind regards, Peter.
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Hello, everyone! The WIKI section for peripherals shows Gideon Zweijtzer's 1541 Ultimate and 1541 Ultimate Plus as compatible with the VIC. I don't know anything about these devices and always thought they used the C64 cart port. Is this information in error?
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

The 1541 Ultimate and 1541 Ultimate Plus can also be operated in Standalone mode, i.e. without an attached C64. You just run an IEC cable from VIC-20 to Ultimate. Quoted from the manual:
[...] in this mode you need a +5V DC, 250mA, PSU, and the easiest way to supply it to the 1541 Ultimate is to use the appropriate pin on the USB connector. [...] The 1541 Ultimate will behave as a normal 1541 drive, accepting standard commands. Since you need to be able to browse the SD card, and perhaps mount images from it, the SD-IEC drive is always on as well. You can (dis)mount images from the SD Card through special commands that you need to send to the SD-IEC drive (or the 1541 emulated drive), which is accessible through its own drive number. [...]
Unlike the SD2IEC drives, the Ultimate fully emulates the 1541.