A box of Vic-20 Cassettes

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

d97
Vic 20 Newbie

A box of Vic-20 Cassettes

Post by d97 »

Hi everybody ... I was doing a little cleaning the other day and stumbled upon a box of Vic-20 Cassettes.

I am pretty sure that everything has been archived but I figured it might make sense to post a few pictures of the tapes just in case there is one that, for whatever reason, hasn't been archived. I wasn't sure which category to post this under but this seemed to be the best fit.

I had an account on here many years ago but kind of fell out of the retrocomputing hobby and can't seem to figure out which email address I used / what my password was so I just created a new account.

The "Supernova" stuff might have been home-published and distributed to computer shops locally. The cassettes have semiprofessional (?) packaging and the three or four cassettes that don't have labels are the kinds of tapes that are used in the "packaged" cassettes.

If anything is worth archiving, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

D.
Attachments
IMG_8007.jpg
IMG_8006.jpg
IMG_8004.jpg
IMG_8003.jpg
IMG_8002.jpg
IMG_8001.jpg
IMG_7999.jpg
r.cade
Vic 20 Amateur

Re: A box of Vic-20 Cassettes

Post by r.cade »

I don't know if this is all archived in actual original TAP format as sold...

I'd be happy to do it if you want to send them to me.
--
Pete Rittwage
C64 Preservation Project
http://c64preservation.com
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

The Supernova stuff definitely needs backing up, I have not seen anything like that before.

Most of the other tapes are archived, but I don't have Capture the Beast, Street Maze, and Oblixion for sure.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
d97
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by d97 »

I haven't tried to fire up any of the tapes but I think I have what I need to archive them. If not, there are a few TPUG people near where I am and I'm sure I could get their help. I probably won't rush into this but when I get them archived, I'll attach them here. If anybody knows that the Supernova stuff has been archived, please let me know - I don't think there's much of a point in duplicating things.

d.