Boulder Dash Preview

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

AndyH
Vic 20 Afficionado

Re: Boulder Dash Preview

Post by AndyH »

That's mighty impressive too Beamrider, it makes my head sore.
--
AndyH
HEWCO | Vic 20 blog
pixel
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by pixel »

Super-impressive! Just the sound FX could be a little smoother at times.
A man without talent or ambition is most easily pleased. Others set his path and he is content.
https://github.com/SvenMichaelKlose
beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by beamrider »

back to the OT, any update on a release date?
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

Last post on Forum64 by peiselulli on this was on Apr, 21st, where he replied to the question whether there were any news with "Leider bisher noch nicht :cry:", which means "unfortunately not yet". Hopefully they can work something out still.
pixel
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by pixel »

I should be the last one complaining but I can't wait and I'm wondering what's taking so long. :mrgreen:
A man without talent or ambition is most easily pleased. Others set his path and he is content.
zilog79
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by zilog79 »

Is the Author still unsure about what to do with subject port of the game? I understand he was unsure in 2021 but now is 2024. Do we have any news related to the project?
Game conversion looks really awesome and it would be great loss not to have it. I believe it is worth to have it in collection even if unfinished.
groepaz
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by groepaz »

I think he moved on by now
I'm just a Software Guy who has no Idea how the Hardware works. Don't listen to me.
tokra
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by tokra »

I got some news about this at the Nordlicht-demoparty though I don't think I'm allowed to share yet.

However, to my knowledge, the game was 100% finished back in 2021/2022 already. "Boulder Dash" is still an active IP and the rights have been transferred to german company BBG Entertainment in 2017. So just releasing this to the wild would cause big trouble to the programmer.
pixel
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by pixel »

tokra wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:04 am I got some news about this at the Nordlicht-demoparty though I don't think I'm allowed to share yet.

However, to my knowledge, the game was 100% finished back in 2021/2022 already. "Boulder Dash" is still an active IP and the rights have been transferred to german company BBG Entertainment in 2017. So just releasing this to the wild would cause big trouble to the programmer.
My bet is that it's on track to release – which would be next to free extra PR for BBG and the audience would be huge. The only thing I don't like about the demo is that the noise channel is like a razor blade to my hearing nerves. That being "fixed" would make the thing a 100% perfect. Still can't wait any way.
zilog79
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by zilog79 »

I'm waiting impatiently. Preview of the game looks really great and I'd like to have it on my VIC20.