My VIC-20 "setup"

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Muzz73
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Muzz73 »

Actually, that's not yogurt... those are K-cups for the single-serve coffee maker on the right! :D

Gotta have coffee where computers are involved, right?

Funny thing, a guy (at work) was just asking me if I played WoW. I told him that I didn't, because my computer wouldn't run it. He asked about my processor, so I told him "It's 6502-based." :wink:

He then asked how I could play all of the good games with a machine like that. I replied as you might expect - I told him "That is where all of the good games are!"
BCNU,
Louis
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Jeff-20 wrote:
orion70 wrote:t's a 13" monitor, no sound input. Don't know what it was used for in the 70s.
Strange. Seems like you would want sound for VIC 20 use.:D Why would they make one without sound?
Don't know. Maybe being from 1978 it was made for more serious (monochrome, no sound) business-oriented computers? Anyway, it looks retro enough :) .
Muzz73
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by Muzz73 »

That sounds about right... the most common consumer level machines in 1978 were the Apple ][ (which had no sound chip, no audio out and a horrible, piezoelectric speaker built in) and the Atari 400/800.

The Atari machines were most commonly used on TV's via RF (the 400 was RF only and didn't even have a monitor port), so sound probably didn't play a big part of everyday computing for a lot of people back then.

We showed 'em all with the VIC and the SID, though! :shock:
BCNU,
Louis