Denial Collection 3 SPOILER thread

Discuss anything related to the VIC
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

Jeff-20 wrote: I've also noticed Canada (america's hat).
That's a very big hat. Second largest country in the world according to Wikipedia. Also, 49% of the Toronto population is non-Canadian.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

But USA + Iraq together cover a larger area than Canada on its own. :-P
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Just played The Improbable War, but I'm having trouble loading the other games. LOAD"PILLOWFIGHT" doesn't seem to work, nor does LOAD"$" or LOAD"*".
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

I just dragged all the PRGs off the floppy into Vice and they worked fine...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

English Invader wrote:Just played The Improbable War, but I'm having trouble loading the other games. LOAD"PILLOWFIGHT" doesn't seem to work, nor does LOAD"$" or LOAD"*".
You cannot load by file name. Just type LOAD and it should load the next program in sequence. It'll just say FOUND without a file name. Be sure to press stop after loading a program, and just load the next one in sequence.

Of course, the files are on the disk as back up, but I really hope you play on a real vic.
Mayhem wrote:I just dragged all the PRGs off the floppy into Vice and they worked fine...
In my hurry to get the project done, a few of the PRGs are different from the Tape contents. The tape has the more recent versions. I suspect this is only the case for two of the programs.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Jeff-20 wrote:Thanks, Keith!

I've also noticed Canada (america's hat) is always the last to get mass mailed items. Europe will always arrive before Canada. Seems strange because Toronto is so close to Chicago. Perhaps we are so close that canadians know to have very tight customs when dealing with their strange neighbors.
I think it's because they want to make sure we're paying our taxes on everything we buy from the US, so they have someone inspect each and every package.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

So, does that mean all of my packages to Canada will be opened before they get to their destinations? Or is this some kind of X-ray/Bomb sniffing dog/etc. test?

I assume if you are posting here, Paul, that you got yours?
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

I have tried all the games now (except for the analog board game). Very nice everything! The mirrored text was fun! :D

Just wonder why you saved the games without names?

I will send you a gift in return in a few days :)
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
PaulQ
undead vic

Post by PaulQ »

Jeff-20 wrote:So, does that mean all of my packages to Canada will be opened before they get to their destinations? Or is this some kind of X-ray/Bomb sniffing dog/etc. test?

I assume if you are posting here, Paul, that you got yours?
Haven't seen it yet, and the mail arrived today. From my experience, if you don't put a dollar value on the item or mark it as "Gift," it takes longer than if you put a price on it. My guess is that they're checking the package out. Any dollar value under $20 is exempt, and the package usually arrives unmolested. My guess in this case is the packages with dollar values are rushed through so they can collect their taxes.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Jeff-20 wrote:So, does that mean all of my packages to Canada will be opened before they get to their destinations? Or is this some kind of X-ray/Bomb sniffing dog/etc. test?
This is one of the things I like about Canada. Whatever they do, they do it well (even government bureaucracy) :lol: .
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Jeff, How come you saved the games without names?
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

To force you to play each one in sequence! :lol: Just kidding. It was actually a mistake. I hope it doesn't cause any confusion. I needed to make sure the quality of each recording was good enough to work on all tape drives, so I used the PC to output WAVs using PRG to WAV. The side effect was no file names. By the time I had noticed, it was too late to change.
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

I copied the games from disk onto SD and ran them on the uIEC. Much easier that way.

Just played Pillow Fight. I love it. Hard to believe you did all that with BASIC.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

There is a reason why (and I know Jeff keeps refuting this out of modesty) I refer to him as the modern day Minter now ;)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Mayhem wrote:There is a reason why (and I know Jeff keeps refuting this out of modesty) I refer to him as the modern day Minter now ;)
I'm not sure that I'd want to be compared to that ageing hipster :lol: .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Minter