Romox Typo

History and Preservation Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Reynold1
Vic 20 Newbie

Romox Typo

Post by Reynold1 »

I just came into acquiring a copy of Romox Typo but I can not find any information about it really. I got this in a lot with a Commodore 64 and a Vic-20, but I am not really a Vic collector, so I figured the best place to ask about this kind of thing is the experts! Any info is greatly appreciated, I will have a picture of it up in the morning as it is currently 10:31 PM and time to turn in for the night.
Attachments
IMG_3057.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG
Reynold1
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: Romox Typo

Post by Reynold1 »

Bumpy
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Reynold1 wrote:I just came into acquiring a copy of Romox Typo but I can not find any information about it really.
Google -> romox "vic-20" typo -> link, and from there:

o YouTube,

o A thread here on Denial ("play a dump of NTSC cartridge on a PAL Vic-20"), indicating the game was PAL-fixed and included on Mega-Cart,

o The ROM dump on ftp.zimmers.net ...

... where the YouTube video would indicate that the game is a mixture of a typing tutor and an extremely slow paced version of Pacman. It has been archived, so there's no rarity value one could sensibly assess.
Reynold1 wrote:Bumpy
Nearly useless, since the thread anyhow was on top position in the "Collecting and History" section, but still ...

... welcome to Denial.
Reynold1
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Reynold1 »

Thanks for the info!
norm8332
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by norm8332 »

I believe it's somewhat rare..But a value would be determined by it's sale at this point. Generally, "learning" games don't do as well as other rare games. I'd put it up on ebay and see what happens since you don't collect them.
“In religion and politics people’s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination... whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.”

-Autobiography of Mark Twain
norm8332
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by norm8332 »

I think the OP listed it if anyone is interested. http://www.ebay.com/itm/352038092263
“In religion and politics people’s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination... whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.”

eslapion
ultimate expander

Post by eslapion »

Nice looking "galaxy" style of artwork.

Typo is included on both the PAL and NTSC versions of the Behr-Bonz. Both are correctly "screen position adjusted".
Be normal.
norm8332
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by norm8332 »

This sold for $172.49! There's your value!