Vic and his brothers - a true story!

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Boray
Musical Smurf

Vic and his brothers - a true story!

Post by Boray »

New pictures!
http://user.tninet.se/~zmj477m/vic/

First, if you think some of the pictures looks a litle fuzzy, then I have to tell you that I don't have a digital camera, so there was quite some trouble to make these pictures. This is how I did::: Videocamera ->DVD recorder -> A DVD player in another room ->Amiga 1200 computer with digitzer (Vidi 12), ->Art Department program for converting BMP->JPG ->three diskettes -> PC -> Paint Shop for rescaling and some contrast enhancement -> Jpeg with more compression. Now, why don't I just buy a digital camera? ;)

/Anders
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
ravenxau
Vic 20 Devotee

digital camera

Post by ravenxau »

why buy a camera, now that u have the conversion process perfected :D

p.s. Love your song - Cutterstone Hill
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Ah! Thanks!
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Can't the video camera be connected directly to Vidi 12? It sounds a bit cumbersome to burn a DVD and play it back to capture the stream.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Sure it can, but I rather don't want to use the pause function on the video tape too long because that wears on the video head. (The Vidi digitzer can only capture perfect still pictures because it takes one color at a time). And it's really no trouble burning a DVD like that. With a DVD+RW you don't even have to finalize it...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Aha. It took me a year to get a digital camera, and I didn't think I would have much use of it. Now I'm even taking pictures of my food!
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image