Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
brain
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by brain »

orion70 wrote:Interesting Jim, I have a friend here in Italy whose last name really is Cervellini, which in Italian means little brains, so I guess yours is better :)
I got enough grief having my last name in school, I cannot even imagine having that name as a child...

Jim
callan
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by callan »

My 'net nom-de-plume is from the gritty spy "David Callan", played by Edward Woodward.
http://www.digitaltapestries.com/callan ... uction.htm

Callan
metalfoot76
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by metalfoot76 »

My name is from an incident when I was about 24 where I broke my foot and needed a permanent metal plate inserted surgically to fix it; hence 'metalfoot' and the 76 is my YOB, the VIC was Jeff's idea to combat spam when I signed up!
craftsman1234
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by craftsman1234 »

My name came about in 1984 when I was helping to teach my High School teachers during spring break how to program in BASIC on the Commodore PET's. Good times. They would mess up something in the program and I would help them fix it. The so I became the computer version of a Craftsman tool set. It was originally just Craftsman but had to add the 1234 since there were so many other users with the same name.
Commodore Pet 4032, Vic-20, 2 C64, 2 SX64, PAL 64c, 128DCR. Commodore Since 1980
charliehopke
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by charliehopke »

I guess I am not very creative...my name is my name :lol:

Charlie
Strangers are just friends that we have not yet met.
sleepwalk7
Vic 20 Newbie

Re: Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Post by sleepwalk7 »

Hi everybody!
My nickname comes from a old song of Santo & Johnny, a called sleepwalk

here the song if you would like to listen to...

[youtube]Pu2oJqpG3NU[/youtube]
beamrider
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by beamrider »

My username is based on my old CB handle form the eighties which was inturn based on the Commodore 64 game of the same name.
htimreimer
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by htimreimer »

my name is tim reimer, the h is nonsense and i'm new to vic 20 collecting.

i also collect for PC,NES,PS1,PS3 and odyssey 2,you can see my collection on my vgcollect page
litody
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by litody »

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking a while now, enjoying the discussions, but it is about time I spoke up and said hello.

My name is John, my nickname is an acronym: life in the old dog yet. Not sure whether that is me or the VIC, or both?

The VIC 20 was my first home computer, before progressing to the C64, but now I have returned to the 8-bit world I find it is the VIC that has captured my heart. I wish I still had those original games (or could remember all their names), but they are long gone and my current collection is based on later acquisitions.

John
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Witzo »

Welcome, Litody!
I too started off on the VIC as a kid.
bobpard
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by bobpard »

Hi everyone, thought id sign up and say hi.

Im a retro games collector with lots of stuff, a couple thousand games and 80 odd systems (too much probably :-) ) I'm on most retro gaming forums, either as mainvein or bobpard. Mainvein was a name based on going for a wee, no idea why but it stuck and bobpard was the name of someone we created as kids, a random old man who has done everything in life ever possible to do, the character has been around with us for about 25 years now and features in most things i write :-)

My first computer was a vic-20 which we got when i was 3, i still remember going into boots to buy cartridges now :-) We sold it when i was 4/5 to make way for the electron, but i still have loads of great memories of playing on it (there was one maze game i can't remember the name of but you got chased around by a big letter M - anyone help with the name of that one?)

When i was a teenager i went into my mates loft and found a brand new VIC 20 too, his dad used to own an electrical shop and stuff ended up being stored in his loft but forgot to get it out into the shop, there were a few new betamax players and the philips video 2000 (i think) up there too. We opened up that vic 20 and played on some games :-) I really should ask where it is now, i bet its still stored up in that loft.

Im also organising a retro computer and games sales fair in leeds too on March 15th so if its ok i'd like to advertise that on here in due course as I'm sure there will be plenty of 8 bit micro bargains to be had
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

(there was one maze game i can't remember the name of but you got chased around by a big letter M - anyone help with the name of that one?)

It is Escape MCP - good game
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Yep, definitely "Escape MCP" for the game there.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
hankbillings
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by hankbillings »

hankbillings

My name is Hank Billings.
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Welcome to You Hank :D
Kind regards, Peter.