Keymaps - French Canadian Keyboard

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

Nibby99vic
Vic 20 Newbie

Keymaps - French Canadian Keyboard

Post by Nibby99vic »

I've recently gotten back into the Vic20 after getting nostalgic after 25+ years. A friend of mine picked up a Vic20 (working) + 11 cartridges a WICO commander joystick and a datasette at a yard sale for $15. I plan to get back into BASIC programming (and eventually assembly). Currently I have WinVice running on mine and my gf's laptops for convenience since I find it incredibly hard to use the VIC keyboard after 20 years of PC keyboards.

On my laptop (ACER) I have figured out how to get most of the characters I need using the symbolic_US keyboard however on her Gateway NV5915h with french canadian keyboard I can't find the frickin' CLR/HOME or RESTORE. On mine its SHIFT+HOME FOR CLR/HOME and it's CAPS+PGUP for runstop/restore.

Attached is a picture of her keyboard (may or may not help) showing model #:

buzbard
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by buzbard »

Since that keyboard has a numeric keypad you might have to disable it by pressing the "NumLock" key. Looks like it's 2 keys above the "7" key of the keypad. Look for a led some place that turns on/off when you press it.
Ray..
Nibby99vic
Vic 20 Newbie

Numlock

Post by Nibby99vic »

Tried it with numlock both on and off already (the LED showed it toggling between the two). No luck.
buzbard wrote:Since that keyboard has a numeric keypad you might have to disable it by pressing the "NumLock" key. Looks like it's 2 keys above the "7" key of the keypad. Look for a led some place that turns on/off when you press it.