Chrome plugin for Vic20Chrome and .prg links

You need an actual VIC.

Moderator: Moderators

matsondawson
The Most Noble Order of Denial

Chrome plugin for Vic20Chrome and .prg links

Post by matsondawson »

http://mdawson.net/files/Vic20Chrome%20 ... Plugin.zip

For those of you who'd like a Vic-20 emulator link to appear after the any link ending in ".prg" I have written the following plugin.
Just download the and expand the zip, go to Chrome's Tools -> Extensions menu option and turn on the developer mode at the top right, then click on 'load unpacked extension...' and select the expanded zips folder.

And then head on over to http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/ ... index.html where you will find [emulator] links after the any .prg link

The default options on the plugin is only to scan denial and zimmers.
This is just beta atm, and will assume all prgs are for PAL machines.

Edit1: I notice if you middle click on the zimmers link (not left click) for some reason the plugin doesn't fire. Might be a chrome bug?
Edit2: Seems to be a cache issue, as shift middle click fixes it.
FD22
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by FD22 »

I like this - it's a much slicker solution than posting re-pasted links in threads with downloads in. Good work!
Kweepa
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

Yay!
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

That's a cool idea! Love it.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
matsondawson

Post by matsondawson »

I've made an update:
* To work around the chrome bug on caching
* Support for csm.gz and tar.gz links auto playing in the emulator
* Added .a0 support.
* Ability to select the machine type(pal/ntsc) and memory requirements in a popup off the link.

Further to do:
* replace the [emulate] with a Vic20 icon.
* remove memory selection for non tape links.
* maybe add an icon to the tool bar to launch the vic20 emulator without an app link.
* maybe detect gb20 style names and set memory correctly.

Problems...
There's a lot of .zip uploads and I have no idea how I would work out if it has a prg in it or not from a web page perspective... Any ideas?
Maybe if people named the zip as say: ghosts.prg.zip and had a ghosts.prg inside it I could work it out.
Or assume for a given website, e.g. denial that any zips on the page contain possible prgs and have a second menu appear in the emulator asking which file to load.
matsondawson

Post by matsondawson »

Now has a nicer icon, and two different popups depending on whether loading from tape or prg
matsondawson

Post by matsondawson »

I've just added zip file support.
It searchs the zip for .prgs and gives the option to select which one you want if there is more than one.

If your zip is not on denial or zimmers then you'll need to turn on the "All websites" option.
I still have a TODO to add your own custom sites, as you don't want every site with a zip creating a link to JsVic20.