Officially in the club!

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Well, you won't have to pay upfront for the Megacart so I still say join the queue. You'll have plenty of time to save up. :)

BTW, which SD2IEC to you end up going for?

I bought one of those ones in the blue case and the reset buttons. It came really quickly, it's well built and it even came with two pages of instructions!
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
16KVIC20
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by 16KVIC20 »

I got an SD2IEC off ebay, It was all built but was just circuit board, no case. I mounted it on a piece of strip wood and put it in an altoids tin.
It came very quickly and once I got the hang of it, it's great.

The best bit is that I can also use it on the C64, and thanks to a program I found, it is very fast too.
JohnnyRockets
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by JohnnyRockets »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:Well, you won't have to pay upfront for the Megacart so I still say join the queue. You'll have plenty of time to save up. :)

I bought one of those ones in the blue case and the reset buttons. It came really quickly, it's well built and it even came with two pages of instructions!
Hi Pedro!

I bought the same one on your suggestion, it looked really nice. I am still waiting to receive it, I only ordered it about 3 days ago, from the U.K. and I'm in the U.S. So it'll be a while still before it gets here.
Thanks!

JR

><>
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

16KVIC20 wrote:I got an SD2IEC off ebay, It was all built but was just circuit board, no case. I mounted it on a piece of strip wood and put it in an altoids tin.
It came very quickly and once I got the hang of it, it's great.

The best bit is that I can also use it on the C64, and thanks to a program I found, it is very fast too.
Pics! :)

What program did you find for the C64?
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

JohnnyRockets wrote:
Pedro Lambrini wrote:Well, you won't have to pay upfront for the Megacart so I still say join the queue. You'll have plenty of time to save up. :)

Hi Pedro!

I bought the same one on your suggestion, it looked really nice. I am still waiting to receive it, I only ordered it about 3 days ago, from the U.K. and I'm in the U.S. So it'll be a while still before it gets here.
You won't regret it. It really is a great piece of kit and really opens up the Vic universe without the hassle of 30 year old disc drives!