flat key PET style keyboard VIC auctions are expensive?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
llcameron
Vic 20 Dabbler

flat key PET style keyboard VIC auctions are expensive?

Post by llcameron »

My original VIC20 from '82 was the old flat key PET style, and I'm looking to buy that style VIC off Ebay. What I'm noticing is that most of the VICs on ebay are the concave key style, and the flat key PET style VIC auctions seems to be MUCH higher priced. The flat key PET style keyboards were apparently japanese manufactured and were the first production run of VICs, so apparently they are more difficult to find. Anyone check me on this fact?? What would be a good price for a flat key VIC?
Barney
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Barney »

I used to have a Vic-20 with the old style keys. The feel was quite nice, but the keyboards in my opinion weren't as durable. Every old style keyboard I"ve seen has keys that no longer work on them. They are kind of nice looking though.
llcameron
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by llcameron »

Barney wrote:I used to have a Vic-20 with the old style keys. The feel was quite nice, but the keyboards in my opinion weren't as durable. Every old style keyboard I"ve seen has keys that no longer work on them. They are kind of nice looking though.
I guess I will find out, I bought one on Ebay auction for $150. Its mint condition, low serial number, just needs a bit of retrobriting.
MadCommodore
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by MadCommodore »

I have one in mint condition with a mint box and user guide etc etc and the serial number is about three hundred and something, wonder what it's worth on [pe]e-bay these days......

(probably not as much as those putrid Apple Mac 128k jokes)