How many of you still have your origional perchased new VIC?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
IsaacKuo
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by IsaacKuo »

I have my original, which was perfectly functional except for an annoying keyboard (PET style). I swapped the keyboard with an old dead C64. Some day, if I ever get my hands on an early model C64c, I'd like to replace its board with the VIC20.
vicist
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by vicist »

I still have mine since '82. It's never let me down despite heavy use and periodic holidays in the loft!

Last edited by vicist on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
fsporsche
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by fsporsche »

I have my original and i bought a spare just in case...
Love my vic...
MadCommodore
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by MadCommodore »

All my gear was lost when I returned to the UK after moving abroad for work in the 90s but I exchanged my VIC for a C64 in Mar 83 after just 3 months.

I do however have 5 VICs now and a couple of motherboards with issues. My favourite machine to use is my original PET keyed machine, love that keyboard it is much nicer than the later ones/C64 keyboard. If I had a spare I would put one in a C64 too :D
Dirk Vroomen
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Dirk Vroomen »

I bought mine exactly 30 years ago on November 11th 1982 and it's still working. :D

Best regards,
Dirk
lance.ewing
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by lance.ewing »

I still have my VIC, although I didn't buy it new. I think we bought ours second hand around 1986. The VIC had been out for a while but there were still a few places around that sold games.

Over the years a few things stopped working, including the video chip, so we had to buy a second one for spare parts. My father was an electronics design engineer, so he fixed a few things on the original. Thanks to his efforts, it still works now.

Lance