Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
MicroPet
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by MicroPet »

Let us know when the site goes live. I'm sure there's a bunch of us here that would love to see your program. :)

As far as the Vic demo goes maybe you could see if you could 'commision' someone to do one for you - there's a lot of expertise around this place. :)
MrGregoryArkadin
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by MrGregoryArkadin »

MicroPet wrote:Let us know when the site goes live. I'm sure there's a bunch of us here that would love to see your program. :)

As far as the Vic demo goes maybe you could see if you could 'commision' someone to do one for you - there's a lot of expertise around this place. :)
If you, or if you know anyone who might be interested- please send them my way!

Thanks guys!
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
Muzz73
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Newbie to the forum...

Post by Muzz73 »

Hello, everyone!

I was a C=64 guy growing up, had a couple of VIC=20's in my day, but never had software, so I didn't know what to do with them.

Now I love the VIC=20 every bit as much as the 64 and am still pretty new to the VIC=20 side of the world.

My user name is one of my real nicknames in the mundane world. My real last name is "Mazzei". People look at it and have no idea how to pronounce it. In English, we just pronounce it "muzz-ay", so people call me "Muzz" because it's easy to remember. I was born in 1973, so Muzz73 it is!
BCNU,
Louis
moijk
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by moijk »

..doublepost..
Last edited by moijk on Sat May 05, 2012 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
moijk
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by moijk »

The story behind my nickname is long. but short story is:

- Health minister (Torbjørn Mork) with speech impairment that shared my last name (not related)
- Comedy show that had a character based on that guys speech impariment (Doctor Moijk)
- In the army I was in the corps of signals, and one of my old friends who just happend to be drafted at the same tide had seen that show and started calling me up with that name.
- I was then called moijk for the rest of the service. And when i returned to real life I adapted the name.

Funny thing is that when i was considering registering moijk.com, someone had taken it. it actually means something in a language. it is free now, but i'm not using my nickname in settings that involves work relations.
MadCommodore
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by MadCommodore »

Well it's my Youtube username. I did 100s of VIC-20 gameplay uploads last year and so quite a few VIC fans send me nice messages and one of them pointed me here.

So here I am :)
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Welcome!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Witzo »

I never got around to replying here.
My nick is one I recently invented when I wanted a modicus of anonimity for Google+ and the Android market.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/112225097866385586687

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... andeldroid

In full it's Witzo Scerebart, names I picked from a list of early medieval Dutch names.

One has to pick nicks with care when publishing stuff...
MrGregoryArkadin
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by MrGregoryArkadin »

MicroPet wrote:Let us know when the site goes live. I'm sure there's a bunch of us here that would love to see your program. :)

If anyone is still interested learning more about the program, take a look!
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
JohnnyRockets
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by JohnnyRockets »

I just joined today!

Hi everyone!

JohnnyRockets = my name John(ny) + Rockets (I used to by into Rocketry)
DavPow
Vic 20 Newbie

Hi!

Post by DavPow »

Hi!

I'm new to the VIC-20 (I bought my first back in May of 2012) and I think It's a great 8-bit computer :D.

DavPow comes from 'DAVid' and 'POWer', which are my first and last name. :P
**** DAVPOW ****
3583 BYTES FREE
READY.
Witzo
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Witzo »

Welcome gentlemen!
And cool names you have!
Rob the rookie
Vic 20 Newbie

About me

Post by Rob the rookie »

I am Rob the rookie. My name is self explanitory as I am a VIC 20 rookie.

I just bought my first VIC personal computer this week but it did not include an intro to basic book or the friendly user guide.

If anyone can help me get started working with basic I would be very grateful.

It is a pleasure to become a part of the VIC 20 Denial community and I look forward to meeting you all.

Thanks for your time.
Rob the rookie
Nathan
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by Nathan »

My name? well my name was based on my real name, im thinking of buying more 8 bit and 16 bit computers on Ebay and starting a whole museum worth of them :)
Commodore 128D < mine
Vic 20 < mine
12 floppy disks worth of games
C2N datasette
C64 < mine now haha!
One does not throw out his old stuff! - me
revivalstudios
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by revivalstudios »

Hi,

My name is Martijn from Revival Studios, i've been lurking the forums for a while now, but i will be releasing a number of new games for the VIC-20 soon, so i thought it would be nice to introduce myself a bit.

My first home computer was a Commodore 64 and my first console a Videopac/Odyssey2. These days i spend my free time with developing new games for classic systems such as the Videopac/Odyssey2, vectrex, colecovision, zx81 among others. This year i've started development on commodore systems too (vic20 and commodore16), so i hope to bring you some nice games for these systems in the near future!

If any of you are interested in any of my other work, you can check out my website at: http://www.revival-studios.com or follow me on twitter (@revival_studios) for a day to day update on my developments.
http://www.revival-studios.com - Classic videogame development
Follow me on twitter(@revival_studios) for the latest information about my upcoming projects