USB download options ?

Discuss anything related to the VIC
andym00
Vic 20 Newbie

USB download options ?

Post by andym00 »

Whilst busy canning my retro bug I discovered I couldn't come to be parted from my VIC's, which inspired going back to basics and re-discovering why the VIC made me fall in love with it, from a programming point of view and game-play point of view also..

That aside.. Are there any options on the market for me to squirt code down to a real VIC and run ? I mean with a development cycle kind of turnaround speed to it, like a PDS would do had it ever existed for the VIC anyway ;)

VICE is all well and good, but I want to develop on real hardware, and as a bonus not have that whole PAL 50Hz (emulated speed) Vs. 60 Hz. Actual physical monitor headache.. Literally..

In this day and age I guess parallel ports (from a windows point of view) are out of the question, more so since i don't have a PC with a par port ..

Any good options for me ? Or am I building my own ?
TBCVIC
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TBCVIC »

Hm, I don't get it, you get headache from Vice? You want 50 or 60 Hz? When running Vice you can get both.
Ola Andersson
andym00
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by andym00 »

I know, but my monitor is still stuck at a fixed 60hz.. And emulating a 50hz machine.. I find the effect massively disconcerting..
It's the only time I wish I developed for NTSC land;)
TBCVIC
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TBCVIC »

Hm, I haven't noticed any such effect, my LCD is probably fixed at 60 Hz too (most are).
Ola Andersson
andym00
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by andym00 »

It looks shit IMHO :)
Nothing like the real thing, but let's not distract from what I'm asking ;)
TBCVIC
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TBCVIC »

Well, I got a uIEC, but then you ofc need to switch then SD-card between your PC and the Vic.
Ola Andersson