Hiya All

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Ratamnim
Vic 20 Newbie

Hiya All

Post by Ratamnim »

You guys have made my day....
I got my Vic 20 3 days after UK release and had many years of use out of it
I've still got it packed up in it's box in the loft all ready to get back out again...

Of all the things that I've found and seen on the net i had never thought of finding a forum dedicated to to the Vic20.....So well done guys.

looks like my next few hours of time are going to be well spent looking through the forum and longing for the good old days again.

Running home from school, straight upstairs onto the VIC, gap for rushed supper, ready for a few more hours, mother say's bedtime (yea alright) hear them coming up the stairs few hrs later (going to bed).... Quickly turn telly off jump into bed give 1/2 hr then back on it again......
No wonder I failed most of my exam's except Computer Studies...

I was so hooked on the Blue Meanies...........don't think i ever did manage to finish the Pirate Cove ( i think it's called)
I'll have to go to the loft tomorrow now to get it all out to see exactly what i got up there....

Take Care
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Hi Ratamnim,

Welcome to this forum.

I'll take it for granted you've also used an Acorn RiscPC before... since your 'avatar' clearly is sa00.jpg from THE slide show.

Seriously, yesterday I installed all those 100 images as screen saver slide show on my PC at work. :) What a coincidence.

Greetings,

Michael
Tepic
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Tepic »

Of all the things that I've found and seen on the net i had never thought of finding a forum dedicated to to the Vic20.....So well done guys.
Exactly my thoughts when I found this place. It's a great forum.
Running home from school, straight upstairs onto the VIC, gap for rushed supper, ready for a few more hours, mother say's bedtime (yea alright) hear them coming up the stairs few hrs later (going to bed).... Quickly turn telly off jump into bed give 1/2 hr then back on it again......
No wonder I failed most of my exam's except Computer Studies...
Just like me. The only difference is that I had to use the TV in my parents room. It was the christmas after I got the Vic that they bought me my own TV.

My school had a PET. I wrote a program on he Vic for a maths teacher once. She was still talking about the "genius" student who did it when I left 5 years later. She was an old dear, technology not her subject!

I only really got A-C's in Computer Science, Electronics, and Physics. I still have the text book sitting around here somewhere "GCSE Computer Science" it has a pattern on the front drawn by a BBC micro :)

[/quote]
Ratamnim
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Ratamnim »

Hiya Mike
I'll take it for granted you've also used an Acorn RiscPC before... since your 'avatar' clearly is sa00.jpg from THE slide show.

Seriously, yesterday I installed all those 100 images as screen saver slide show on my PC at work. What a coincidence.
lol
All i done was put stonehenge into google picture and it was one of them i liked the look of........
Mike
Herr VC

Post by Mike »

Some digital archeology - this is the file information of the image I possess. sa00.jpg: Size 768x512, 44780 Bytes, Date December 3rd, 1993.
The Arcade BBS has stored the same file, under ftp://arcade.demon.co.uk/data/067500/068200/068234
I presume this is a version that underwent no additional processing other than being scanned from dia frame and then jpeg compressed.

Michael