Introduce Yourself: What's your User Name based on?

Sticky Threads and Annoucements
16KVIC20
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by 16KVIC20 »

I always liked Chariot Race. I had it in the 80s, and I'm lucky enough to have found a copy again now. I don't think I've ever had the instructions though, not that they're needed, I suppose.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Welcome! This is an exciting addition to the group!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
MicroAntics
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by MicroAntics »

16KVIC20 wrote:I always liked Chariot Race. I had it in the 80s, and I'm lucky enough to have found a copy again now. I don't think I've ever had the instructions though, not that they're needed, I suppose.
I'll send you a copy of the instructions if you like, I didn't realise how involved the game was until reading the instructions!
16KVIC20
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by 16KVIC20 »

MicroAntics wrote:
16KVIC20 wrote:I always liked Chariot Race. I had it in the 80s, and I'm lucky enough to have found a copy again now. I don't think I've ever had the instructions though, not that they're needed, I suppose.
I'll send you a copy of the instructions if you like, I didn't realise how involved the game was until reading the instructions!
That would be great MicroAntics, if you're sure. It would mean that my copy is complete, as I have the original case, inlay and cassette. I will send you a PM.
MazinKaesar
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by MazinKaesar »

Hello, I am Cesare from Italy! I like Japanese robot cartoons very much, and Mazinkaiser is one of the most poweferful Japanese robots. In German, my mane is Kaesar... so I always use MazinKaesar as nick! :)

I like old rpg very much, I really want to find some more of them! :D
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Hello MK, happy to see another Italian guy entering the friendly forum :).
As you will see searching in Denial, there are several excellent RPGs for the VIC (I can see someone else answered your question in another thread).

IMHO, the best ones are Realms of Quest III, but also the other two RoQ, and Sorcery, as well as Sword of Fargoal and Dunjon II.

Welcome and have fun here! :wink:
MazinKaesar
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by MazinKaesar »

orion70 wrote:Hello MK, happy to see another Italian guy entering the friendly forum :).
As you will see searching in Denial, there are several excellent RPGs for the VIC (I can see someone else answered your question in another thread).

IMHO, the best ones are Realms of Quest III, but also the other two RoQ, and Sorcery, as well as Sword of Fargoal and Dunjon II.

Welcome and have fun here! :wink:
Thank you, I love retrogaming in general, but I'm an old rpg addicted! 8)
gsoravil
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by gsoravil »

Hi all. Well the gsoravil is just a typical 8-char login-style hack of first/last. Though I used to go by Tramiel when I played Halo 1. The only nickname that really stuck on me was "Chucker" which at the time was a reference to my horrendous bowling style. :D

I started on a VIC and made computers my career. Always kept my Commodore stuff but this weekend was special. I got out my original, broken VIC from Christmas '85.

Lots of TLC, epoxy, sandpaper, solder, wires, a socket, a spare VIA, a few caps, a resistor, some NPNs, cleaning supplies, a missing right-side plate, and a rubber foot later and it's ALIVE!! You'd never know the history from looking at it but man is it sweet to bring that back to life.
Greg
joshuadenmark
Big Mover

Post by joshuadenmark »

Hi Greg

Welcome, nice to hear you Vic is still alive :D
Kind regards, Peter.
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Kweepa »

gsoravil wrote: Lots of TLC, epoxy, sandpaper, solder, wires, a socket, a spare VIA, a few caps, a resistor, some NPNs, cleaning supplies, a missing right-side plate, and a rubber foot later and it's ALIVE!!
Wow, where were you keeping it? :shock:
Welcome!
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Great job! Do you have pictures taken before and after the repair?
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Zombie VIC. Risen from the dead.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
damnstraight
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by damnstraight »

carlsson wrote:
Bacon wrote:Nothing beats a Sunday breakfast with bacon, fried eggs, toast and black, hot coffee.
Except for a breakfast with spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam?

I think I would like a little more spam, Please! I think I use this name the most on forum sites because I am the type of person who tends not to beat around bush. I try to be direct and to the point.
I thunk once and it hurt!
Shamusboy
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Shamusboy »

I don't have any great stories to relate beyond that fact I came to computers late in the game when I was given a Coleco Adam and a Vic 20 in 1986 to play with. The Adam taught me how to type and the Vic how to program. Ah the memories.

I've recently been able to allocate space to set up my collection and an itch to program again. This time though, I think I'm going to head into the dark waters of Machine language as I have a desire to fully understand how this little computing marvel really works. That and I want to make some games for it :D

Shamusboy? Well, my name is James and "he's a boy!". That easy. Not terribly clever. Not even computer related. Almost like I wasn't really trying isn't it :D
Stay on target!
inVICtus
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by inVICtus »

invictus is latin for invincible, insurmountable, undefeated. I think it fits for a computer which is still alive after 30 years. There's an music album and a film with this name, but the origin of the name was the latin word.