WIP: VICdesk office suite

Basic and Machine Language

Moderator: Moderators

CurtisP
Vic 20 Dabbler

Post by CurtisP »

orion70 wrote:@CurtisP: I don't think so. The desktop will simply launch external applications AFAIK - but please refer to Mike about this. It's always possible to change :P .
So MINIGRAFIK will aready be loaded, when Vicdesk is running. Assumedly, any program that Vicdesk launches could then make use of MINIGRAFIK.
Wilson
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Wilson »

CurtisP, I'm not the most qualified to answer but, yes, programs launched from the desk will be able to utilize MINIGRAFIK unless the launched program uninstalls it manually. At least that's my understanding. I'm guessing the pointer routine will also be usable by launched programs. That would certainly make it easier to create more uniform applications anyway. However, as far as I'm aware, there are no other functions provided for external applications. If I am wrong, we really need better communication. ;)

A little update on the calculator: The next time I find a reasonable amount of time to work on it I should be able to nearly, if not completely, finish it. I'm just using KERNAL routines from ML, so it's really not a complicated program by any stretch of the imagination. For this reason I will try to complete it this weekend before Mike makes the same thing in three lines of BASIC.
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

I agree: MG and the pointer routines will (probably) reside in RAM untouched by applications loaded from the desk top, so yes, I think these will be the base for every app. But I'd like Mike or other more experienced programmers to show up in this case :wink: .