Mock-up screenshots

Discuss anything related to the VIC
carlsson
Class of '6502

Mock-up screenshots

Post by carlsson »

I toyed a little with the emulator and got an idea for some kind of sea or surfing game. Using only character graphics, I painted a crude mock-up screenshot:

Anyone else who does something like this? I could define some own graphics, but it is taking it too far. I did however write a routine to scroll the wave up and down...
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Lloyd Mangram
Vic 20 Drifter

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

How about changing into 'Titanic - The Computer Game'? :lol:
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I love your screenshots! Whatever happened to our football (soccer) game? This one reminds me of California Games for the Atari 2600.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

what a cool idea!

if the soccer game was ever made, i nominate the title

"winning 22" :wink:

well, i guess "drawing 22" would be more apt, but doesn't sound so good, although maybe more true to life.

chris

p.s.

i haven't tried "winning 11", but i heard that it is superior to FIFA 2005, which to me, is an impressive claim!
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Frankly, I had forgotten about the mockup football game. It should be fairly doable.

One big advantage of emulation is that you can run several "computers" simultaneously, without taking desk space. For example draw graphics on screen in one VIC and convert it to a listing on the other VIC.
Anders Carlsson

Schema
factor

Re: Mock-up screenshots

Post by Schema »

carlsson wrote:Image
This looks great! Actually, it reminds me of the "surfing" event in California Games (which is a standalone game on the 64DTV).
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Jeff-20 wrote:I love your screenshots! Whatever happened to our football (soccer) game? This one reminds me of California Games for the Atari 2600.
That's what I said!
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Slightly updated version, using ML raster tricks (which means we're heading at separate PAL and NTSC versions, already at mock-up stage):
As you can see, I'm using one multicolour (light orange), and if I designed custom graphics, I could paint the border in some other colour and use it for a secondary multicolour, i.e. where the body meets the boat in the water.

Another variation, using as many different colours as I can think of without beginning to change colours on each raster row:
Anders Carlsson

tlr
Vic 20 Nerd

Post by tlr »

carlsson wrote:Slightly updated version, using ML raster tricks (which means we're heading at separate PAL and NTSC versions, already at mock-up stage):
As you can see, I'm using one multicolour (light orange), and if I designed custom graphics, I could paint the border in some other colour and use it for a secondary multicolour, i.e. where the body meets the boat in the water.

Another variation, using as many different colours as I can think of without beginning to change colours on each raster row:
These screens have an excellent retro feel. I would love to see them move! :)