Mattel Aquarius

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Holy smokes!

I just checked out the Aquarius version of Astrsmash, and man is it ever fast, compared to the original.

I think the vid. I checked, the game was played at easy level.

I could not even imagine what the hell goes on, once you get further in the game.

I just find Astrosmash, to be one of those games that sucker you in to keep playing, by changing the colours, and then taking them away again, if you lose to many points. Argh, :)
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

I don't know if you have facebook (I don't), but Aquarius has a facebook page.

looks interesting.
robinsonmason
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by robinsonmason »

Just "liked" it - thanks for the tip!

Astrosmash is fast, but it moves very smoothly, it actually feels a bit easier...? The falling stuff does not rotate, but gameplay remains fun. I have Astrosmash on my 2 plug & play on TV Intellivision controllers (blue one and smaller black one) -- it's OK but I prefer the slower, deeper games that benefit from the Intellivision's controller overlays. :)
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

I wonder if the Aquarius version of Tarmin allows you to attack with an item?

One of the best strategies in the original, is to keep an item uopened (preferably a low value item like a tan sack), and use it to attack a monster, if you want to get the hell out of there.

The monster will not attack you when you attack with an item, then you can use 'retreat' to get the hell away.
robinsonmason
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by robinsonmason »

Sometimes it pays to bid on all of those 99 cent auctions...! Just won this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT
KingTrode
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by KingTrode »

robinsonmason wrote:Sometimes it pays to bid on all of those 99 cent auctions...! Just won this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT
Congrats, Nice mega bargain you got there :D

I've always gotten bid against on everything I have ever tried to win, and lost most of them too :cry:
robinsonmason
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by robinsonmason »

I usually get outbid as well, so I was surprised at this one!