WTB: Reasonably Priced Vectrex

Other Computers and Game Systems

Moderator: Moderators

akator
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by akator »

Jeff-20 wrote:There are some systems I just can't get into: O2, 3DO, Jaguar . . . And there are systems I adore that most people seem to ignore: Astrocade, Saturn, Vic 20 . . .
I love the Astrocade, and obviously the VIC as well. For reasons I haven't yet figured out, I like the VIC more than the C64.

I haven't given up on the O2 yet, mainly because I like the controllers. Still, I haven't found many O2 games that hold my interest. I'm hoping that one day I'll get the voice module and that will improve things.

I was impressed by the Intellivision before the ColecoVision came out, but it isn't doing much for me now. My Cuttle Cart 3 just arrived, so I'm hoping that over the next few months I'll discover some games that change my opinion.

I haven't ever played a Channel F, and am curious to one day add it to my collection so I will have a chance to experience it...
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I also find the Playstation a bit boring. I've forced myself to appreciate Nectaris (although I highly prefer the TG-16 version), and Silent Hill (although I found it tedious at first). I've never gotten around to playing a Channel F. I turned down many opportunities to have one. I think the garish appearance of the O2 keep me from really trying it.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Vic20-Ian
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Vic20-Ian »

o2 was the same as Philips g7000 videopac I think?. If so I had one it was not good, not much more than early Atari 2600 combat type games, blocky gfx.
Vic20-Ian

The best things in life are Vic-20

Upgrade all new gadgets and mobiles to 3583 Bytes Free today! Ready
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Btw Richard has said he'll be back producing VecFlash carts in the near future as the timescale for the memory card version is further into the distance than he originally anticipated...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Vic20-Ian wrote:o2 was the same as Philips g7000 videopac I think?. If so I had one it was not good, not much more than early Atari 2600 combat type games, blocky gfx.
Indeed it is the same machine - I only recently found that out! I remember staying with an auntie and uncle for a couple of weeks during one summer holiday and playing the Videopac for hours on end...boy, did I miss my Vic! :P
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Mayhem wrote:Btw Richard has said he'll be back producing VecFlash carts in the near future as the timescale for the memory card version is further into the distance than he originally anticipated...
Yeah, I noticed on his site that it's going to cost $80. I'll be all over that as soon as it comes out again. Now, I just have to keep the discipline and not spend the money I have aside...

Thanks for letting me know though, I appreciate it. :)

I have to admit to being more excited about the prospect of finally getting one of these beasties than I have been for anything since the Mega Cart. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3