New game in progress: Q*Bert 2009

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

saehn
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by saehn »

I'm hoping Steve hasn't given up on this project... he hasn't responded to my emails in a while. :-/
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

saehn wrote:I'm hoping Steve hasn't given up on this project... :-/
Ditto. It'd be a real shame to have this so close yet so far not to mention losing the programming talent! :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

A game like this would have flat out ruined every other game's chances of making money back in the day...might have even lengthened the Vic viability in my opinion. :)
Saehn your graphics mock-up is stunning...here's to you guys in the hope of getting a finished product. :D
Learning all the time... :)
saehn
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by saehn »

Thanks! We'll see...
brighty
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by brighty »

I'd just like you to all know that I have picked up development of Q*Bert again and am refamiliarising myself with my code and current bugs etc.

Unfortunately personal circumstances have lead to this unintended sabbatical.

My apologies to Saehn and Mike, who have contributed their own time freely and I hope to continue working with them to complete Q*Bert. Also to everybody who has contributed ideas and bug reports, I hope you will continue to do so as I progress now.

Right, let me see, dasm compile options.......
saehn
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by saehn »

Glad to have you back! I'm looking forward to seeing the game released and I'm sure a lot of others are, too.
Ivanhoe76
Vic 20 Devotee

Post by Ivanhoe76 »

Glad to see you again, Brighty! I'm afraid to hear that you had some problems, but I'm also very happy that you picked up development of Q*bert 2009!!
No one should tolerate death and violence because tolerance will generate habit.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I thought I should say welcome back in the public forum just to show solidarity. So, welcome back! :P
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
brighty
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by brighty »

Thanks all for the messages.

I'm making good progress on refamiliarising myself with the code and (small) fixes at the moment. So no new demo to post yet, but I'll have something up within the next few days.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

I just loaded up your beta version last week in fact. I thought it was an extremely good port of Q-bert. Much, much better than the Parker Bros. official port.