Suggested moderator rules

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Boray
Musical Smurf

Suggested moderator rules

Post by Boray »

When you do something, always leave a little message including your user name, what you did and why.

If you split, always include links to the other thread in both threads.

Good ideas?
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
pitcalco
just pitcalco

Re: Suggested moderator rules

Post by pitcalco »

Boray wrote:When you do something, always leave a little message including your user name, what you did and why.

If you split, always include links to the other thread in both threads.

Good ideas?
Makes sense to me :)
There are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

Paul Lambert
Berlin
Federal Republic of Germany
Diddl
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by Diddl »

Seems to be naturally for me. :!:
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I would like to add I just felt like a somewhat pissed moderator. Thus I moved all three threads from General to Off-Topic, since neither really has anything to do with the VIC-20.

Actually I'm unsure where topics about the Denial forum and how it works belong. To me it seems General is not really a place for meta discussions about the forum, but fortunately this happens very rarely.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

So you think posts about a Vic-20-forum isn't Vic-20 related? Eh, what?
PRG Starter - a VICE helper / Vic Software (Boray Gammon, SD2IEC music player, Vic Disk Menu, Tribbles, Mega Omega, How Many 8K etc.)
Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

Should posts about Vic-20 books and magazines also be posted in OT then? They are pictures and texts discussing the Vic-20. The Denial forum also is pictures and texts discussing the Vic-20, so...?
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I'm with Boray on this one. If it's about Denial, it belongs in General.

Slightly OT observation: I'm amazed by the number of moderators and issues with moderation here at Denial given the small number of members and amount of posts. Definitely a case of too many chefs.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Well, I am ready to accept being wrong. I find meta discussions about who is right and who is wrong has little to do with both the VIC-20 and the content on the Denial forum, but since we have no more suitable place to keep those discussions, me or another moderator can shuffle those remaining two threads back to General if you feel they are more appropriate.
Anders Carlsson

Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

carlsson wrote:Well, I am ready to accept being wrong. I find meta discussions about who is right and who is wrong has little to do with both the VIC-20 and the content on the Denial forum, but since we have no more suitable place to keep those discussions, me or another moderator can shuffle those remaining two threads back to General if you feel they are more appropriate.
This thread had nothing to do with who was wrong or right until you moved it. I was just suggesting some rules to prevent misunderstandings in the future. I'm moving this one back now.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Jeff-20 wrote:We don't need a parliament, we only need a king?
Prorogation is not the solution here as the king is laid-back to a fault. As Barry sang, "Too much of anything is not good for you, baby". Anyway, we've had similar discussions before and they always fell upon willfully deaf ears so I'm not going to waste my any more time tilting at this particular windmill.
How does the number of mods contribute to this problem?
It creates problems. For example:

That's what happened when I tried to use the "quote" function to respond to your post. Of course that won't happen now that another mod has come along and move the thread back to where it originated.

Thanks for helping me make my point, guys.

Edit: Hoho! I see that Jeff-20 (or a moderator, ha!) has removed the post I was replying it. Perhaps my first instinct which was to use a harsher word than "laid-back" was correct...
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

In the words of Winnie the Pooh, oh, bother. I had already deleted my post as you were replying (because I felt like i was just adding wood to a fire), so now your quotes are floating out there. See? Bad timing happens. Denial is sort of a pirate ship democracy. Stuff gets worked out. Eventually. And this King feels just fine. I know for sure there are alternative boards. I'm not trying to keep the kingdom united, just out of war.
Last edited by Jeff-20 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I will add one last word to this story: Sigh.
Anders Carlsson

Boray
Musical Smurf

Post by Boray »

And now there seems to be three copies of this thread! :lol:
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Jeff-20 wrote:In the words of Winnie the Pooh, oh, bother.
Surely you can see the humour in all this.

Boray wrote:And now there seems to be three copies of this thread! :lol:
Ha! What's the record? ;)
rhurst
Omega Star Commander

Post by rhurst »

What's the record?
I did not see it on the high score wiki page ... :P
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
https://robert.hurst-ri.us/rob/retrocomputing