Some clarification regarding aspect ratio needed here..

Discuss anything related to the VIC
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I just checked some of the C64 games on that site. Most are displayed without borders, while some are including borders and shrunk in size. Some have partial borders, see e.g. Delta which uses a lot at least of the upper for score display. Perhaps it is not considered border anymore if the area is used for graphics, even if it lies outside the regular screen size.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
TNT
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TNT »

Whatever you decide to do, keep the original 1:1 noncropped screenshots in safe place so you can change your mind later.
Trypticon
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by Trypticon »

If shots are shrunk and filtered, that's probably a leftover from "old times". Or they slipped through, a short time ago, a guy submitted A7800 shots in 320x200 that he had just shrunk from 320x225. I've been only regulary submitting stuff for a year now, though I did contribute a few things before. At some point my own interests expanded though. I'm always happy when I find yet another version of a game on some obscure platform . Some time ago I found out there's a version of Shamus for the NEC Trek for example, or take Choplifter, that also has boatload of Japanese versions. And the TI 99/4 version was canceled, such nuggets of information are all very interesting to me.