Denial Collection 3 now available

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Denial Collection 3 now available

Post by Jeff-20 »

My new project is finally done. I'll figure out the postage and start mailing them this weekend. It's a box set and requires a tape drive and joystick (no memory expansion).

The box version contains seven modest games. A color disk version with six games will also be available on request. I eventually plan to make the game programs that can be played without additional components available online in the future.

The collection is a concept piece about dichotomies. Ten Ten, the only previously released game, is an example of the theme. I wanted to approach the collection as a musician would assemble an album (consider this my "Dark Side of the Moon"). I couldn't decide if I should tell all about the contents or let it be a surprise. A mystery box. :)

I really want to recreate the experience of tape loaded games. I noticed that after waiting for a game to load, I'm more likely to explore its finer details; unlike the average 2.5 seconds I give to roms via emulation. :lol:

Those of you with the first or second collection should know what to expect. Basic games. A few other surprises are included this time.

I'll have to get to the post office in find out how much postage will be first, but I estimate shipping to average US$5. The box is kinda heavy, so I should verify that first.

I wanted to make it a winter gift for when you guys are all snowed in, but obviously, I can't make enough (or afford to ship) to all members. Asking for a donation to offset shipping would help me know how many to make. PM your shipping address if you think you may be interested.

Also, if you want me to explain more, I will.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Woot... PM sent! :D

//rereads post

"Additional components"...? Intriguing...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Think more Odyssey 1, and less Wii. :lol: That's why the disk has one less game.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

PM also sent. You've really piqued my interest with this. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Wow! At last a game collection on tape... Time to dust off my 1530 C2N :D .

PM also from me :wink:
English Invader
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by English Invader »

PM sent 8) .
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Also, some of you have made donations in the past or gave me items in the past. Just pm you current address so I know where to mail this. IOUs are also accepted. Honestly, it's not really the money. I just want to make sure I have enough to go around for those who want it.

Now begins the manual labor of putting these box sets together :lol:
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

PM sent 8)

Disc would be nice (too).
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

I too am intrigued, particularly because I'm so fond of Ten Ten but if I understand you correctly, in order to access the full version with all seven games a person would need a datasette as the disk version is missing something? That's kind of a bummer as I no longer use disks or tapes. :(
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Schema
factor

Post by Schema »

PM Sent! Glad I kept my datasette...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Haha, I should have at least three working Datasettes.
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
bokvamme
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by bokvamme »

PM sent.
vic20tapes.org - preservation of vic20 tapes.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

gklinger wrote:I too am intrigued, particularly because I'm so fond of Ten Ten but if I understand you correctly, in order to access the full version with all seven games a person would need a datasette as the disk version is missing something? That's kind of a bummer as I no longer use disks or tapes. :(
Sorry for the bad pic and vague description. The difference between the tape and disk is slight. I hope I didn't over-hype this -- like the previous collections, this is a novelty. If you only use emulator, you may still get good use out of the set. Some PC accessibility is included.

The connection to TenTen is only thematic. All the games stand independently. For example, one game is a turn-based war strategy game with a retro-futuristic backstory (steam punk?). The common thread not obvious.
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Datasettes are the future!
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I'm limited to just over 40 units, and I didn't expect so many requests. So, I can only allow one per person. Around 50% have been spoken for so far in the first 12 hours. Wow.

Update: I didn't get to the post office today, so I changed my gameplan. I'll just mail first and figure out payments later. Too many countries to sort. Wherever you are, expect shipping for one small, metal box as pictured. We can do it shareware style. :)