Trashman cartridge.. Pain to plug in..

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Mikam73
2049er

Trashman cartridge.. Pain to plug in..

Post by Mikam73 »

I got boxed Vic20 Trashman cartridge maybe week ago.. Tryed it yesterday. I wonder why Creative Software made cart smaller than cartridge port at Vic20.. First it was difficult plug Vic20 and then it was pain get out.. :D

Is there other cartridges that are boxed to box thats same size as cartridge? Maybe I am too used to big boxes that Commodore used.. 8)
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Yeah some of my Creative carts are a bit tight as well.

Where did you get the complete Trashman from? I've just got the loose cart (though a complete UK version in my collection).

Seems to miss me... Creative and UMI carts I need the most complete versions of in my lot, always just seem to turn up loose.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

Did they have less decorative or fragile boxes compared to e.g. Commodore's own, so more likely it was thrown away during the years?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

No more or less really. I've gotten equal amounts of badly treated Vic20/C64 cart boxes from Commodore compared to Creative or UMI. Just with more Commodore produced games, chances of finding a "good" one are increased.
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

Mayhem wrote:
Where did you get the complete Trashman from? I've just got the loose cart (though a complete UK version in my collection).

Seems to miss me...
Finland.

Dont worry, I can trade it to your Miner 2049´er cartridge.. :D

http://194.251.244.158/auctionimages/4/ ... 4-orig.jpg
vic user
VicGyver

Post by vic user »

Dont worry, I can trade it to your Miner 2049´er cartridge..
hahaha, i swear Mika if i ever find one, i will give it you for nothing!

you deserve to have that cart. before you die!

chris
Mikam73
2049er

Post by Mikam73 »

vic user wrote:
Dont worry, I can trade it to your Miner 2049´er cartridge..
hahaha, i swear Mika if i ever find one, i will give it you for nothing!

you deserve to have that cart. before you die!

chris
Thanks Chris.. 8)

Mayhem cant have only Miner 2049´er cartridge at this planet.. There has to be another one somewere.. It must have been atleast year since I lost that one to him at Ebay.. Its only one I have seen.. :?
Centallica
Pinballer

Post by Centallica »

Mayhem wrote:Yeah some of my Creative carts are a bit tight as well.

Seems to miss me... Creative and UMI carts I need the most complete versions of in my lot, always just seem to turn up loose.
How about them Cloudburst cartridges too! Man you pretty much need a card slot add-on to play this one! Haven't seen too many of them with mint labels because of this :cry:

Brian
Centallica
Pinballer

Re: Trashman cartridge.. Pain to plug in..

Post by Centallica »

Mikam73 wrote:I got boxed Vic20 Trashman cartridge maybe week ago.. Tryed it yesterday. I wonder why Creative Software made cart smaller than cartridge port at Vic20.. First it was difficult plug Vic20 and then it was pain get out.. :D

Is there other cartridges that are boxed to box thats same size as cartridge? Maybe I am too used to big boxes that Commodore used.. 8)
Bet that instruction sheet would be a nice addition to the instruction archive :wink:

Brian
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Now I've seen the pic, that's the same boxed version I have of Trashman. It's the UK version released by Audiogenic on their "Vic Pack" label. There's quite a few of them about, mainly Creative and (funnily enough) UMI titles. I've got ones for Renaissance and Outworld, and I believe Tank Atak.

I've got the original Creative version of it, but it's cart only, no box. Guess the box is probably the same as the C64 version, which I do have.
carlsson
Class of '6502

Post by carlsson »

I didn't know that Creative also was sold by Audiogenic under the Vic Pack label, but one learns new things every day. That makes at least three brands under the same Vic Pack label: Creative, UMI and Supersoft. Were there more, and do these US (?) companies have anything other in common?
Anders Carlsson

Image Image Image Image Image
Mayhem
High Bidder

Post by Mayhem »

Only those three so far. I'm sure there's more carts out there like that, but haven't found them yet (apart from, I think, Satellities and Meteorites, which Jon Legg owns. And maybe Cloudburst).

Many of the "Vic Pack" title releases of various US games were on tape only though. I've seen plenty of them. Only a few seem to be on cart.