I need help in Adventureland, pleeeaaassseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion, Reviews & High-scores

Moderator: Moderators

spider04drwho
Vic 20 Newbie

I need help in Adventureland, pleeeaaassseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by spider04drwho »

Hey, to everyone here :D I'm apparently new to this site, but not new to the Vic-20. I still have my Vic-20, and I just can't seem to get past some certain parts of Adventureland. I've been on-and-off playing this game since when, and if anyone wouldn't mind helping me out some, I would 4-ever greatly appreciate it :wink:

1.)How do I get the *Blue Ox* out of the quicksand and still be able to get out?

2.)I catch the *Golden Fish* with the *Golden Net*, but they always seem to die by my next turn?

3.)In the cavern under the hollow stump, I eventually find the *Royal Honey*, but the moment I get it, the bees kill me?

4.)When I'm in the cavern, with my brass lamp lit, after so many turns, it eventually goes out, how in the world do I re-light it?

5.)Out, above the hollow stump, there's swamp gas, how in the world do I get that? It will say that 1st I need an empty container, so I drink my water from the bottle, you know to use that, but it won't let me?

These probably sound like stupid questions, or maybe simple, I don't know - but, I figure this forum would be the best place to at least ask. I've been playing this game for the longest dang time, and I seem to go through the same stuff over and over again. I appologize if these questions sound stupid, but I truely and honestly really do need some help.

Help me someone, please help me :wink: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I <3 Adam!!!!!
Lozza
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Lozza »

1) SAY BUNYON

2) put it in the stump

3) they shouldnt kill you immediately..

4) the lamp needs to be blown out before you see the dragon

5) you use the wine bladder
oi oi saveloy
spider04drwho
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by spider04drwho »

Thanks sooo much for your reply :D !!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try these. I think I worded question numbers 2, 3 and 4 wrong; because I'm not understanding your help on these three: keeping the fish alive, the turn before I even make it to the hollow stump, they just die, then it doesn't count as treasure, only dead fish. The one with the lamp, I'm in the maze of pits and this is where my lamp will burn out, and is there another dragon, cause I thought that a sleeping dragon was in the meadow. The other one, with the Royal Honey, the moment I pick this treasure up, the bees just flat-out kill me. Your first and last answers will help me out :wink: but, I'm not sure I really understand the others. Can...or, I mean would you mind still helping me, please??? :) :?:
I <3 Adam!!!!!
Lozza
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by Lozza »

>keeping the fish alive, the turn before I even make it to the hollow stump, they just die, then it doesn't count as treasure, only dead fish<

say away twice which will take you back to the sleeping dragon

>The other one, with the Royal Honey, the moment I pick this treasure up, the bees just flat-out kill me.<

wear the mud from under the tree then put the bees in your empty bottle

the lamp can be lit with the flint
oi oi saveloy
spider04drwho
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by spider04drwho »

8) Thanks, that helps!!!!!
I <3 Adam!!!!!
Snogpitch
Vic 20 Drifter

hint help

Post by Snogpitch »

if you find it hard to wait for a hint, you can download hints from: http://ifarchive.giga.or.at/indexes/if- ... hints.html
orion70
VICtalian

Post by orion70 »

Wrong link? (not working for me). Same here: http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-arc ... hints.html
:wink:
yakumo9275
Vic 20 Newbie

Post by yakumo9275 »

or you could read the adventureland source
here

as well as the others
here
(be sure to click 'raw' to view the files, .apl is game source, script is walkthrough)