Test my game on PAL and NTSC hardware?

Basic and Machine Language

Moderator: Moderators

jdxpolygon
Vic 20 Amateur

Test my game on PAL and NTSC hardware?

Post by jdxpolygon »

Hi friends,

My game Carling The Spider is soon to be released on the Psytronik label, and I've just finished fixing the game to work in NTSC (I hope!) so I was wondering if someone would offer to try the game out on a real NTSC VIC-20 and confirm to me that it works ok, as I've only been able to test NTSC on VICE so far. I'd also be interested in getting someone to have a play of the PAL version on real hardware too, as my own VIC isn't in great shape in the sound department :) Really just looking for one person to test on each type at the moment since it'll be commercially available for a while, so I guess it'll be whoever responds first!

The two main things that need checked are:
1 - That NTSC works.
2 - That the game 'sounds' okay on your hardware, in your opinion.

The reason for point 2 is, as I've said, the audio malfunctions a bit on my VIC-20, it sounds distorted (saturated) and it gets worse the longer the machine has been switched on. It sounds lovely in the emulator, so I guess I want to know whether it sounds acceptable on a VIC in reasonable condition. I have the option of halfing the volume in-game to reduce the distortion but it would seem silly to work around a problem that might only exist on my damaged hardware!

Send me a message if you're interested :)

J
brighty
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by brighty »

Ref PAL VIC testing: PM sent
jdxpolygon
Vic 20 Amateur

Post by jdxpolygon »

Thanks for the response so far guys, had lots of offers for PAL testing, just looking for an NTSC tester now. :D