New pics on front page

Discuss anything related to the VIC
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

New pics on front page

Post by Jeff-20 »

I am too lazy to find the update thread, but I swapped out 30 pics on the front page (can you find them all? :) )and removed the random links so it would load faster. I'll update the links page soon. I just had a little extra time tonight.

I just don't have the heart to replace some of the animated game pics. Now I am leaning more toward the vintage photographs. All the 30 new ones are either home pictures or ads. Let me know what you think.
High Scores, Links, and Jeff's Basic Games page.
ral-clan
plays wooden flutes

Post by ral-clan »

Also, the mock-up screen shot of Zork running on a VIC-20 is now a reality!
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

Yeah, funny. You have to manually refresh the page to get rid of the cache, I guess. Some old images are still popping up...
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

If any of our members have interesting images of the VIC, please send them to me. I am interested in pics from the 80s or interesting modern images of the VIC in unusual places.

Below are some of my favorites from the new images (I won't add all of them for the sake of bandwidth):

(I stole most of these)

gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Jeff-20 wrote:Image
What game do you reckon these lads are playing? For some strange reason I wondered about that when I first saw the picture.
In the end it will be as if nothing ever happened.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

gklinger wrote:What game do you reckon these lads are playing? For some strange reason I wondered about that when I first saw the picture.
That's one of our members. We'll see if he remembers. Two player keyboard control in a cart? And the keys they're on seem odd for a game.
TNT
Vic 20 Hobbyist

Post by TNT »

Jeff-20 wrote:Two player keyboard control in a cart? And the keys they're on seem odd for a game.
It could be one player game as well. Jupiter Lander?
darkatx
Vic 20 Afficionado

Post by darkatx »

That's me on the left and the two on the right are my cousins. I was over at his house for the New Year's Eve and we always found a way to share games - that one I'll never forget -Midnight Drive.

I was shifting gears and controlling speed - he was steering...had our games faces on man...lol :)

Golan, don't you recognize the ol' Canadian Pop Shoppe bottle on the corner there? :wink:
Learning all the time... :)
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

darkatx wrote:That's me on the left and the two on the right are my cousins. I was over at his house for the New Year's Eve and we always found a way to share games - that one I'll never forget -Midnight Drive.
Midnight Drive. Now it makes sense.

I gotta tell you, this cooperative game playing impresses me. I wonder if your parents realized how lucky they were to have well mannered kids? :)
Golan, don't you recognize the ol' Canadian Pop Shoppe bottle on the corner there? :wink:
Ha! The Pop Shoppe. I haven't thought about that place in years. We use to go there after school to get candy or Mr. Freezes.

P.S. Your cousin has good taste in joysticks. Wico bat FTW!
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I loved cooperative games! Remember the variation of space invaders for the atari 2600? One player moves the ship, the other fires. Or one player moves right, the other moves left and both can fire! All so fun!
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Jeff-20 wrote:I loved cooperative games!
You should make your next game a cooperative one.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

I've thought about it before, but would most VIC owners have a willing second partner? hahaha.
gklinger
Vic 20 Elite

Post by gklinger »

Jeff-20 wrote:I've thought about it before, but would most VIC owners have a willing second partner? hahaha.
I see a few regulars here in person often enough and I know we'd have a go and then there's user group meetings and expos etc. I say go for it.

I always thought it would be cool if there were flight simulator where one person piloted an aircraft and another acted as the navigator/weapons controller like in a two-seater fighter plane. Such a system could work if one player used the joystick and the other keyboard. How cool would that be?
Bacon
for breakfast

Post by Bacon »

darkatx wrote:That's me on the left and the two on the right are my cousins. I was over at his house for the New Year's Eve and we always found a way to share games - that one I'll never forget -Midnight Drive.

I was shifting gears and controlling speed - he was steering...had our games faces on man...lol :)
That is so cool :). I wish I had an old picture of me using the VIC-20. I don't even have a picture of the VIC itself, only a photo of me playing the C64 and one of my older brother doing the same.

And I agree with Golan; the Wico bat is the best joystick. Ever.
Bacon
-------------------------------------------------------
Das rubbernecken Sichtseeren keepen das cotton-pickenen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watschen die Blinkenlichten.
Jeff-20
Denial Founder

Post by Jeff-20 »

That's how my brother and I would play Star Voyager on the Atari 2600. And later Star Raiders, but it works better on Star Voyager. More balanced for both players.