Looking for a PAL VIC-20

Vic 20 Item Exchange

Moderator: Moderators

shem
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by shem »

I really wanted the Vic Revealed book too i already have the programmers reference and vic graphics is on line in pdf format
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I figured you didn't artificially inflate the price of the Vic. I was just playing. :)

As for the other stuff: I'm sorry if I trod on your toes. That wasn't my intention. The cart expander is for my mod as well and the books will be put to good use too. Again, sorry if I pissed you off... friends? :)
shem
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by shem »

@ Pedro

You havent pissed me off that is the nature of an auction best man wins you win some you loose some but you live to fight another day
at least you will put them to good use if you ever scan the 3rd book vic revealed let me know
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

@ Shem:

So, I see you got yourself a nice wee Vic there! Well done. :)
shem
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by shem »

@ Pedro
Yep was you biddin on that baby??
I'll take my cart to go thank you ;)
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Nah, not really. I stuck a couple of quid (literally £2) on it just for fun. I was curious to see how much it was going to go for.

Was there any reason in particular for you going for it or were you just after a back up? :)
shem
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by shem »

No reason really back up , some games I had as a kid and the most important one Impulse Buy ( that should be a button on ebay ) it should replace buy it now :D
I'll take my cart to go thank you ;)
Legacy
Vic 20 Enthusiast

Post by Legacy »

I just recently got Vic Revealed 6th printing pristine condition, so new that when you open it up the binding just snaps apart because it was never opened in 26 years! Now its in 100 seperate pages :(
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Legacy wrote:I just recently got Vic Revealed 6th printing pristine condition, so new that when you open it up the binding just snaps apart because it was never opened in 26 years! Now its in 100 seperate pages :(
Well, on the bright side, that'll make it handy for scanning... :) Seriously though, that's a bit crap. I'm sorry to hear that.

@ Shem. I don't know if you're still looking for a copy but there's one up on eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/cjhma4

Good luck if you go for it. :)
lonnieredskinds
Vic 20 Amateur

vic 20

Post by lonnieredskinds »

i live in the usa have vic for $ 10. 00 + sh dont know if that what you want
Pedro Lambrini
Vic 20 Scientist

Re: vic 20

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

lonnieredskinds wrote:i live in the usa have vic for $ 10. 00 + sh dont know if that what you want
No thanks. I'm sorted now. :)
"...That of the Eastern tribe being like a multitude of colours as if a rainbow had settled upon its brow..." Daniels 1:3
vk4akp
Vic 20 Drifter

Re: vic 20

Post by vk4akp »

Hi guys!.

I will be very interested in this in time.

I have a lot on the go presently but I am hoping over the next year to work on building up my Retro computer collection here.

One thing I am chasing currently though that you might be able to help with from the vast collection of surplus CBM gear that exists in the USA or even the UK is a MPS-802 print head. (A 1526 print head should also fit). Mine has dropped a pin way back from when I was a kid. I would love to get it going again so we could include a retro dot matrix style insert into some of our newsletters here from time to time.

If an old 802 could be found cheap in the USA and some one was willing to carefully strip it down a bit, perhaps small items like the head, belt, cogs, motor etc could be obtained to try and maintain ours for many years to come.

There was also an after market EPROM available for it back in the day that I'm kicking myself for not grabbing. It gave the printer graphics printing ability. I would so love to find one now and preserve the image on the internet for others to have as well.

The printer was quiet interesting in that it used a plastic backed carbon ribbon. The print, font and presentation was quiet interesting and very retro.

~Sj of The RCC'~
http://shazam.zapto.org
.-.-.

lonnieredskinds wrote:i live in the usa have vic for $ 10. 00 + sh dont know if that what you want